Pickups

DeArmond pickup Shim / Spacer

Removed the pickups on my guitar before buffing out some light pick scratches. In doing so 2 of the pickup shims (more like gaskets), brittle with age, broke up in my hand. These are DeArmond 2Ks which best I can determine (though different animals) have the same outer specs as the 2000s / Dynas / T-Armonds. Long story short, tried unsuccessfully to locate replacements. TV Jones offers spongy type shims, but would rather stick with the rigid plastic. Anybody know a source for these? Thanks…

Forum member Paul Setzer has been known to make exquisite shims in a variety of materials, but they aren't cheap.

Was thinking this (see photo)

There are several versions of that spacer. I'm not sure if those are higher on one side; I know they're easier to get on and off than the old ones that had a smaller opening.

Setzer made me some pickup spacer/riser type things for the Famous 3 Hi Lo Tron Astro Jet. They worked great.

There are several versions of that spacer. I'm not sure if those are higher on one side; I know they're easier to get on and off than the old ones that had a smaller opening.

– seadevil

I think they are flat. But you can sand them to the height and contour you want, and just like they did in the old days, glue two together if need be. Or get them custom made by Setzer.

black rider has them and truthfully sandwiching these hard ones from black rider and the tvjones soft ones make for a perfect adjustable shim on each pickup because some of us want the pickup body on low E side lower on the neck and higher on the bridge.

"Black rider has them." Nope, just foam shims similar to what's on offer from TV Js. Apparently 2K / 2000 / Dyna / T-Armond plastic shims are unavailable anywhere in the known galactic universe. Can live with foam, but $2.00 each + $25.00 global shipping (from Jones) made my nut sack contract. Thanks to all for your suggestions. Happy 4th...

Register Sign in to join the conversation