Pickups

Dark sounding vintage Filtertrons

Texted with the chief repair guy at Fuller's yesterday for about an hour. Couldn't apologize enough to me about the behaviour of the people there, said he knew who they were, and we'd setup a time for he and I to meet privately and him have a go at figuring it all out while I'm there.

Saw his work on his instagram, and it's all first class. Compared to the shop in town, they're steerage! LOL. So waiting for the Supertrons to arrive in case they'll need to go in. If everything ok, why not do the neck Supertron with bridge Filtertron?

I'm never selling it, so why not make it how I want? It'll become my time machine Brooklyn factory custom order, like you used to be able to!

How it is now, after replacing worn parts for new, and a slight polish job. Not bad for a 1969!

Still a ways to go though, yet.

Neil's so great, haven't seen him in years. Did a great job on my first Gretsch in '97 and my orange Duane Eddy 6120 in 99 or so.

I didn't know Marty Bell worked at Rockin' Robin! I started taking guitar lessons at RR in 88 or 89 (or I should say resumed lessons, my first teacher was an accordion player in New Zealand). Small world!

– Devil's Tool

This is the MIJ Fujigen Contemporary Strat that Marty resprayed for me. I believe it could be one of the first instruments he ever refinished. In fact, never even charged me for it! 1990 was a good year.

If everything ok, why not do the neck Supertron with bridge Filtertron?

I’d prefer a TV Classic Plus at the bridge in that guitar. It mates beautifully with a neck Super’Tron.

All this and still no readings?

– Curt Wilson

I'll be able to get readings once it's at Fuller's. I don't have any equipment for that, and health wise been bed bound for the past few days, and June isn't looking so great. Being disabled and getting older really cramps my style.

thanks

If everything ok, why not do the neck Supertron with bridge Filtertron?

I’d prefer a TV Classic Plus at the bridge in that guitar. It mates beautifully with a neck Super’Tron.

– Proteus

I've seen\heard that combination before, but unfortunately I'm not a fan of the overpowered TV Classic plus. Too much midrange for me. I already use standard bridge pickup very sparingly.

Just barely dialed in, if I use it at all. I'm more of a "neck" guy.

Thanks

I'll be able to get readings once it's at Fuller's. I don't have any equipment for that, and health wise been bed bound for the past few days, and June isn't looking so great. Being disabled and getting older really cramps my style.

thanks

– Joesasser

Sorry to hear that, I would have thought the people you brought it to would have had the courtesy of reading that for you.

Sorry to hear that, I would have thought the people you brought it to would have had the courtesy of reading that for you.

– Curt Wilson

Thanks very much.

I'd have thought so too. Guess everything is too difficult for them now.

On last 2 receipts, only wrote "electronics" and the charge of $150.00! I checked the backpad, and nothing was moved from when I'd taken it in!

As the song says: money for nothing.

Waiting on additional parts in addition to the Supertron, then to Fuller's we'll be going.

Joe

Register Sign in to join the conversation