Pickups

Curtis Novak? What’s up?

Anybody know the whereabouts of Curtis Novak?

I ordered some VJM Pickups over a week ago and hadn't heard anything back from him since ,,, but now, What is puzzling is that I E-mailed him Six times already, including a message on his Facebook Page ,,, and NO Answers at All!

I'm Concerened ?

Anybody Else have an experiences similar like this with him?

I Read alot on The Gretsch Pages from fellow posts about him, that's why I decided to go with him ,,, but then this ,,,

As soon as this is solved, I'll take this topic off but right now, I'm really concered via Curtis Novak?

,,, AND, I really would like to get these Pickups!

Best results via the telephone. Great guy to deal with, btw, but email not so much.

Just got info from Curtis.... Said he was a bit behind and swamped with setting up the new shop and trying t o keep up with current orders.

Hi fellows, Thanks for the info,

I still haven't heard anything back from him and so I will try calling him Monday to see what's going on?

At least it sounds like he's legit and not bailing out on me, but still, not answering any of my E-mails is somewhat unsettling?

I talked to him yesterday and a couple of times on the phone this week. He's still settling in, Yucca Valley area. He was doing family stuff the other day when we talked. Have patience Doc, best to call Curtis on the phone.

Great guy and great pickups! A Jazzmaster with Novak's P90 it's a dream. I hope you can have your pickups soon and he can fix the schedulle and the new store. Cheers

I just got an apologetic E-mail from Curtis and he explained that alot has been going on this last week ,,,

He said he'll get em' out Monday!

Sounds like a really nice guy!

Thanks for all you guys input,

It helped! :)

I'm putting these pups into a Blacktop Jazzmaster!

Should be Interesting in the outcome! :)

Lemme know how it goes Doc! I might be right behind ya!

Setzer wrote:

I talked to him yesterday and a couple of times on the phone this week. He's still settling in, Yucca Valley area. He was doing family stuff the other day when we talked. Have patience Doc, best to call Curtis on the phone.

Yucca Valley? Man he keeps on moving around. I first got pickups from him when he was in New Mexico and he was a software engineer as well as pickup maker. Then he moves to North Carolina and quits engineering completely to concentrate on guitar pickups and then now moves to Yucca Valley which I believe is in California? I think he's on the run from the mob or the INS.

In all seriousness I have some of his pickups and his pickups are a personal favorite of mine and he's a great guy to work with on getting the pickups you need and want for your guitar. I suppose he just did not like the Southeast and wanted to move back out West again. The humidity of the Southeast was probably bad for his pickup winding equipment. J/K.

Hey, Doc... what's the word? Any news on the pup transplant?

Register Sign in to join the conversation