Pickups

CTS 1Meg pots that ACCTUALLY fits in a G6128T-DSV Duo Jet???

I'm on my third set of 1Meg CTS pots that don't fit my 2005 DSV Jet, the threaded sleeve where you secure the nut is to short as always and I wonder if there actually exists a 1Meg pot that will have a long a enough sleeve? It's been pointless asking sellers since they either don't know or are like "heh these fit perfect no prob bro so don't worry about that expensive overseas shipping kay thnx" ...then they clearly don't.

Do any of you know where I can source some?

Thank you! As my luck would have it Gear4music only had 3 in stock (can't seem to catch a break), but with the parts number you gave me I was able to find some in stock at Allparts! Much appreciated!

Btw, how did the pot upgrade work for you? Did it open up the guitars tone? I switched to T-Armonds from the stock pickups but still found the guitar had a somewhat dark, numb and constrained tone, in fact my R6 and p90 SG sounds a lot more open, clear and crisp (!) so I'm really hoping this is going to do the trick.

I really liked the upgrade. I had found the T-Armonds to be too heavy in the mids for my liking. I only changes the two individual volumes and the tone control, not the master volume, and found that the additional brightness was enough to balance the tone better.

So I finally got the pots installed and they really did a change for the better, there is now more everything and easier to eq on the amps.

However, I'm starting to think I just don't like the way TV Jones voice their pickups. I see a lot of people describe the sound as "sweet" and "articulate" and I can see how that might be the case for some but that turns out to be what I would describe as "numb" and "artificial". I had the same experience with his Filtertrons and found I much preferred the HS that came stock in my Gent.

The T-armonds do great in that they balance the volume of the pickups a lot better and are quieter than the stock Dynasonics, but the voicing of that bridge pickup is just too much of a contrast, it sounds more like a humbucker and just kills note separation making everything suddenly sound like AC/DC riffs.

So I think I'll just have too save up and give the Duncans a try.

So I finally got the pots installed and they really did a change for the better, there is now more everything and easier to eq on the amps.

However, I'm starting to think I just don't like the way TV Jones voice their pickups. I see a lot of people describe the sound as "sweet" and "articulate" and I can see how that might be the case for some but that turns out to be what I would describe as "numb" and "artificial". I had the same experience with his Filtertrons and found I much preferred the HS that came stock in my Gent.

The T-armonds do great in that they balance the volume of the pickups a lot better and are quieter than the stock Dynasonics, but the voicing of that bridge pickup is just too much of a contrast, it sounds more like a humbucker and just kills note separation making everything suddenly sound like AC/DC riffs.

So I think I'll just have too save up and give the Duncans a try.

– Jazm

Huh, I find this curious. I have a new Vintage Select ‘57 Dou Jet with T-Armonds and love the tone from both pickups. I also have them in my 2012 DSW. I Don’t think the bridge pickups sound much like humbuckers. Is there something about the older pots that change the sound? I can understand if you prefer the output and tone of the HS Filtertrons but I also love the tone of TV’s Classics. I understand it’s all about personal taste though.

Gotta say that I'm pretty much in agreement with the OP. After a lot of mucking about with TAs, I much prefer Dynas; sweeter, more articulate, less middy and less muddy, especially through a tweed amp. The downside being not quite enough output on the bridge, and the extra single coil noise. I'd love to see TV offer TAs with a choice of magnets.

Register Sign in to join the conversation