Pickups

Best Charlie Christian Pickup?

Here it is

– Gasmoney

This is the best one I've heard.

I know you're a TK fanboy, but do your homework first....

– ruger9

The first CC pickups I had were a set of Lollars because of Tim, seriousleeee duuude.. C'mon.

I know all about Tim, He's gigged through my Moonshine'39 amp down here w Barry's guitars (Grez).

That natural-finish Grez hollowbody in the clip above is awesome. Want!

That's your reissue 350T right there. Quite a reasonable price on his website too.

Finally got around to making a video with the help of my 11 year old son--the 39 Synchro withe Vintage Vibe pickup

Finally got around to making a video with the help of my 11 year old son--the 39 Synchro withe Vintage Vibe pickup

– Gasmoney

Than,a for that Fred. Great sound and playing.

My son shot the video on my iPhone. Its kind of funny as he scrolls left and right a bit too often.

Not sure of the audio quality came out but I hope it projects the tone of the Vintage Vibe pick up well enough.

One thing to note that isnt happening on the Lollar and the Biltoft(which is more P90 than anything) is that they arent addressing the ferrous metal mass involved w the CC pickup. TK Smith's CC pickup has a very thick ferrous metal base plate that the pickup blade is directly connected to. A very important aspect if youre jonesin for that Live At Minton's Charlie Christian sound!

In tele the sound lacks the same bark and flutey growl of a full 17" bout hollowbody, but at least you can hear it w a proper gibson EH amp.

Also a bit of Bill Frisell w TK's fabulous CAR pickup, here we can listen to what TK puts out even when its encased in cast aluminum. Delicious

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

This is one of the most soul inspiring guitar clips I’ve heard. Something in the piece just resonates with me. I could listen to this over and over. I can feel my worries melt away, very beautiful...

Register Sign in to join the conversation