Pickups

Any Gold Foil Love here?

I have one from Gemini pickups with another on the way. I am really digging it.

Damn, looks great. How much did it cost you? I would like to buy it on my guitar. I think that gold would be fit great with my black guitar. What else could I buy to make it look cooler? I always love fancy stuff and gold jewelry in general. This is why I love buying stuff from fjewellery.co.uk. You need to check it out too if you are interested.

Good thread. A question that I have wondered about for a long time. Are there Gold Foil pickups on my 65 Kent Americana?

Good thread. A question that I have wondered about for a long time. Are there Gold Foil pickups on my 65 Kent Americana?

– Hogman

They look the part! According to the 1965 Kent catalog those are “magnetic pickups.”

That tells you a lot!? LOL Nice looking guitar!

I have an old Harmony with DeArmond gold foils, and it's one of the best sounding guitars I've ever owned. The guitar itself is problematic, though.

It sounds so good, that I've actually considered taking it up to Grez guitars to see if he can build one of his models to sound like it with Novaks.

Cool. I've never played a gold foil guitar in my life, although some of those Supro reissues are appealing. Looking forward to hearing sound clips. Nice going!

Love them. This is an old one from a Harmony Rocket strapped to my junky gold Teisco. Sounds better than she looks

Register Sign in to join the conversation