Pedals

Tavo, they’ve stolen your idea!

Is nothing sacred?

There’s just no way it can be half as thought out, agonised over, and fully realised as Tavo’s offering.

as king louie xv put so elegantly-

after me the deluge

nocturne is king!

cheers

You never know where they are coming from, you just know someone's coming.

Would be interesting to get Tavo’s take on this pedal.. maybe he could open it up n tell us what’s inside..

its based on the early Jfet based RE-150 unit, much like the RE-201. "the pedal features OS JFET transistors – just like the RE-150 " ...its not copying what I build.

Its nothing like the RE-301 that was OpAmp chip based using the Toshiba 7136 Linear chip. I offer the BS301 preamp in both the NOS chip and 8dip hifi opamp chip. The circuit board is socketed for both on the Mystery Brain. My filter is aimed solely on the ol' Stray cats Re-301 space echo. The 301's opamp based preamp and change over to carbon film caps resulted in a tighter, woodier response in the low end with plenty of headroom.

no offense intended to anyone, but haven't there been Roland and Echoplex preamp pedals around for ages, even before Tavo's innovations? if they were copping Tavo's entire circuit topology that would qualify as "stealing (an) idea", but i don't think it applies to the entire concept of echo-preamp-in-a-space-saving-tin. of course, the entire world of guitar effects is based on people stealing (and sometimes improving) other folks' concepts and designs.

That "Ronald" font and logo did make me chuckle. Pretty clever.

no offense intended to anyone, but haven't there been Roland and Echoplex preamp pedals around for ages, even before Tavo's innovations? if they were copping Tavo's entire circuit topology that would qualify as "stealing (an) idea", but i don't think it applies to the entire concept of echo-preamp-in-a-space-saving-tin. of course, the entire world of guitar effects is based on people stealing (and sometimes improving) other folks' concepts and designs.

– macphisto

I diffused the topic w a simple answer*, its a different topology completely.. he's not stealing anything. my products are unique and I have trademarks registered. Its all good. ps. I was the first to put the roland space echo preamp into a pedal 12yrs ago, I'm fortunate I've had this much time for a niche market. Now days there are 10yr olds w tiktok and a soldering iron building cars. :)

Its nothing like the RE-301 that was OpAmp chip based using the Toshiba 7136 Linear chip. I offer the BS301 preamp in both the NOS chip and 8dip hifi opamp chip. The circuit board is socketed for both on the Mystery Brain. My filter is aimed solely on the ol' Stray cats Re-301 space echo. The 301's opamp based preamp and change over to carbon film caps resulted in a tighter, woodier response in the low end with plenty of headroom.

Register Sign in to join the conversation