Pedals

NBBD (New Beat Buddy Day)

I got my new Beat Buddy (w/external footswitch) Drum Machine pedal today. Singular Sound has taken a fully functional drum machine, and put it in a foot pedal form factor. This thing ROCKS! It uses real drum recordings for a very organic sound. I've only scratched the surface of it, and my first impression is WOW! There is a website dedicated to Beat Buddy users, where you can share your patches and programs.

I copied the following from the Singulair Sounds website :

"The BeatBuddy is a drum machine in a stompbox, or a drummer pedal for short. Use this drum pedal for guitar and many other instruments. Further, we’ve meticulously recorded professional drummers and paired their samples with an algorithm that results in the best sounding drum machine you’ve ever heard.

In addition to being the most realistic drum machine on the market, it’s also the easiest guitar drum pedal to use. That is to say, there’s no fussing around with sequencers, and controlling the beat during a live performance is as easy as stomping on the pedal to add fills, transitions, and outros. Right now, get the Beatbuddy for sale at our special deal price!

FEATURES Studio-quality 24-bit sound with true stereo audio.

220+ styles, 24 diverse genres, and 10 unique drum sets.

No programming necessary for live, hands-free control of the beat.

Works with any sound system and any instrument.

Unleash the full potential of the pedal with room for up to 300 drum sets and 3 million songs."

I'm really stoked about the Beat Buddy, and I can't wait to use it live! My brother David and I have been working on several sets, and all we need is a drummer. This thing is amazing, and sounds like real drums. It should be a valuable addition to our act.

I've heard great things about these. What does the additional foot switch do? Have you tried any other pedal drum machines like the Trio or the Sdrum? I'd be curious to hear your comparison.

Hey otter, this is my first drum machine, and I've only just played around with a few over the years that had no where near the functionality or life like sound that the Beat buddy has. So this is all very new to me. We tried using a real drummer, several times, but for multiple reasons didn't work out. I saw a Beat Buddy Demo on YouTube, I liked it, so I watched several more and thought it was perfect for our needs.

The two buttons on the additional footswitch are programmable. They can be assigned any different drum/cymbal sound for accent beats, used to tap tempo, scroll thru your song lists, pick a genre, pick a song, pause/un-pause the beat, take over a function so you don't have to double tap the main pedal, or assigned any other function that you wish. Another observation is that the patch cord between the main pedal and the footswitch is a TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) so both buttons are connected.

Another cool feature is Beat Buddy Manager Software for PC/Mac. It is a type of DAW where you can program your own tracks, and then download them back into the pedals SD card. Mine came with an 8 Gb SD card, but the unit will accept as large of an SD card as you want. I keep running into more and more cool things that it can do!

EDIT : I just now also bought the Singulair Sound Aeros Loop Studio, it will arrive in a couple of days. This looper is made for use with the beat buddy. It's kind of expensive, but it is like a looper on steroids. It's crazy cool, and has its own management software. I have some serious homework to do.

i saw this on a facebook ad on my feed, and was kinda intrigued.... not clear to me as to what extent you can create your own grooves from scratch , or if you can do odd meters and stuff....

I misread the title as "New Best Buddy Day" and got all excited thinking somebody got a dog. Drum machines are cool too.

I've got two best buddies, my grandson, Ezra, and our puppy, Lyla (6 months old). They both make me very happy!

Register Sign in to join the conversation