Pedals

Just another Tube Screamer…

That's only the most expensive on Reverb at the moment. There are several others also well into Big Buck territory.

Good Lord.... from the site -

$4,272.68 +$47.06Shipping $14.86 shipping when combined Predicted to Sell Soon Only 1 available and1 other person has this in their cart

Someone is stupid enough to have this in their cart. Saints preserve us....

If I’m not mistaken all drugs are legal in the Netherlands. Could probably sell this in Portland, drugs are legal there as well.

I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much money on something you’re supposed to step on.

Also I couldn’t bring myself to spend a penny on a Tubescreamer.

Yes, but rare things are hard to find and the seller says that this pedal isn’t only rare, it’s mega rare plus in uber condition. Too bad shipping is extra. Somebody must have some money to burn if it’s in their cart.

Yes, but rare things are hard to find and the seller says that this pedal isn’t only rare, it’s mega rare plus in uber condition. Too bad shipping is extra. Somebody must have some money to burn if it’s in their cart.

– Baba Joe

OR, they're shilling for the seller...

He probably bid on his own self to make it look like there's interest.

This isn't even the first gen, is it?

https://reverb.com/item/331...

– Proteus

Whats kooky to me is that really isnt sooooooo rare (to think I sold my version 1 for $250). I've got an entire full collection of the Ibanez 9 series pedals, complete w the 1982, single batch only made for France Ibanez OD9 (ironically its a killer rams head big muff circuit that ibanez stole, prob why only one batch was ever made). This pedal is RARE, try to find one at a decent price. Some are nutzo in price but at least its truly hens teeth with one that one dude in rotterdamn hoarding EVERything ibanez. I managed to get mine for $600 in the actual country it was made for. :)

https://reverb.com/item/770...

I started building amps because I couldn't afford to buy them. This is why I build my own pedals now! I could build something that sounds pretty much identical for about $20.

Someone's delusional...

– wabash slim

But it's "Museum Quality"! That's gota count for something eh?

I'm so grateful I don't have a pedal-collecting compulsion.

– Proteus

AH I'm smelling some bull malarkey. You're the sole bidder are you not there buckaroo?

BTW not saying I'm doing it but I've been looking Mac laptops. Any suggestions?

This just shows a lack of understanding of what a Tubescreamer is and does and everything that exists between that pedal and the listener's ears. Bummer.

I hope someone actually uses it someday. Donate it to Songbirds or something if it's just going to be an unobtainable collector's piece.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a fake. Happened with Klon pedals too.

– Proteus

thats not what 500sqft of your house sez

Actually more like 517. But it's not all pedals. There are guitars and amps and tape decks and rack stuff too - and there's still room for a desk, a couch, several chairs, and me.

Also, with a very few exceptions, the pedals aren't collectable - they're just ... well, I hesitate to say tools. But means to an end. Not kept for their own sake or value. If I fall out of like with one for making music, I send it away to fund something new I hope to have more fun with.

Just saying I don't have a completist fetish about anything in the pedal domain, or lust after something just because it's rare, valuable, or coveted by others. I'll let Josh Scott, Dan, and Mick build pedal museums.

there are a tone of megabucks pedals out there, and i'm kind of grateful that i don't need any of them. it's possible that old pedals which become popular enough to command that kind of price are inherently too mainstream or "normal" for my tastes; for example, i have never found any use for a Tube Screamer or a Klon. they just aren't suited to what i do. and just because a builder has one or two pedals i really like doesn't mean i'm going to buy everything they make/have made. i would buy everything from Fairfield Circuitry, but i could actually use all of them and that's my main criterion. i keep my completism to recordings, which isn't much better if you're into The Fall. how in blue blazes (i'm reviving all my parents-isms as i age in the effort to not cuss so much because there's no point in alienating people needlessly) is someone supposed to be completist on stuff that costs more than $25-30?

I started building amps because I couldn't afford to buy them. This is why I build my own pedals now! I could build something that sounds pretty much identical for about $20.

– JimmyR

i would do this, but i'm absolutely crap at soldering.

Funny you mention Fairfield. I have Randy's Revenge, and had the Shallow Water for 18 months or so. I loved its basic trick (and who could resist the science of a K-Field Modulator?), but it introduced a little subliminal whine and occasional, intermittent - but sporadic - little confettis of noise. Nothing too obtrusive. But it was a pedal I wanted for an almost-always-on role, that slight random warble for a touch of animation. I sadly sent it on its way.

I'm now using an Alexander Neo-Matic in that role. The Neo is capable of much more extreme functions, and its random watery vibrato doesn't have quite the organic mystery of the Shallow Water. But it's close enough, and doesn't introduce any noise at all.

I do like Fairfield's general taste and aesthetics. I don't feel like I need most of the stuff, though, as I have all those categories amply covered. BUT I just became aware of the Four Eyes Fuzz (now discontinued), and think I probably do want that.

I find Pladask Elektrisk similar in approach and even look to Fairfield; I had that guy's Taken dual delay/mod, and - again - liked what it did. But it was a little white-noisy (being stalwartly completely analog), and I could emulate its trick (unevenly staggered delays with mod) with other stuff, so it wasn't worth to me what a buyer on Reverb would pay.

Other guys in that minimalist/raw-aluminum go-their-own-way domain are MidFi Electronics (loved the Clari-Not's one essential trick, but again too much lo-fi signal degradation for me) and Recovery Effects (whose Bad Comrade was way too bad for me).

I do have most of several builders' offerings - because I like the pedals - but no complete collections.

i would do this, but i'm absolutely crap at soldering.

– macphisto

I proudly own one of Jimmy's pedals. It's fantastic.

P.S. Not a TS, though.

Funny you mention Fairfield. I have Randy's Revenge, and had the Shallow Water for 18 months or so. I loved its basic trick (and who could resist the science of a K-Field Modulator?), but it introduced a little subliminal whine and occasional, intermittent - but sporadic - little confettis of noise. Nothing too obtrusive. But it was a pedal I wanted for an almost-always-on role, that slight random warble for a touch of animation. I sadly sent it on its way.

I'm now using an Alexander Neo-Matic in that role. The Neo is capable of much more extreme functions, and its random watery vibrato doesn't have quite the organic mystery of the Shallow Water. But it's close enough, and doesn't introduce any noise at all.

I do like Fairfield's general taste and aesthetics. I don't feel like I need most of the stuff, though, as I have all those categories amply covered. BUT I just became aware of the Four Eyes Fuzz (now discontinued), and think I probably do want that.

I find Pladask Elektrisk similar in approach and even look to Fairfield; I had that guy's Taken dual delay/mod, and - again - liked what it did. But it was a little white-noisy (being stalwartly completely analog), and I could emulate its trick (unevenly staggered delays with mod) with other stuff, so it wasn't worth to me what a buyer on Reverb would pay.

Other guys in that minimalist/raw-aluminum go-their-own-way domain are MidFi Electronics (loved the Clari-Not's one essential trick, but again too much lo-fi signal degradation for me) and Recovery Effects (whose Bad Comrade was way too bad for me).

I do have most of several builders' offerings - because I like the pedals - but no complete collections.

– Proteus

....yet

i'm very interested in the Fabrikat, and Knut just released a ring modulator with additional functions called the Feber (in the morning, and Feber all through the night) that sounds absolutely gorgeous.

Register Sign in to join the conversation