Pedals

I’m a two pedal player now. Tavo strikes again in 2020

I made the leap and got a BS 301 thingy.

Yeah it’s darn good. The echo settings are just so tight. Tough to tell the difference between my old echoplex. And way less finicky.

Bravo Tavo.

And that barnyard thing is party too.

happy NY

I made the leap and got a BS 301 thingy.

Yeah it’s darn good. The echo settings are just so tight. Tough to tell the difference between my old echoplex. And way less finicky.

Bravo Tavo.

And that barnyard thing is party too.

happy NY

– Gasmoney

The pic

TWO pedals!? I'm a little worried.

Don't overdo it, Fred.

Yep, those are the two pedals I'm interested in. Got an old analog delay and a friend built me a copy of his Univox Super Fuzz. That and a Princeton Reverb is all I've needed. But those two pedals have got me mighty interested.

TWO pedals!? I'm a little worried.

Don't overdo it, Fred.

– Proteus

Yup, it’s a slippery slope!

It sounds like the perfect solution. In one box.... Im using an Atomic Brain and DD2 at the mo

I used a piece of Nashville round up branded wood to make a travel board. The one in the upper right is for my Blues Jr Fat switch

I got the Barnyard and it is absolutely the mutts particulars.

I’m having an awful lot of fun with it making early Sun Records’ blues recordings sounds with it, Willie Johnson, Pat Hare, Joe Hill Louis, all those maniacs.

The Brain Echo is certainly on the list, I have an MXR Carbon Copy that I really like but the 301 seems like a cut above with the preamp and all that.

The BS301 is really interesting. It has preamp and some other special sauce that make it a very unique and versatile pedal. The preamp does what my Ep3 does (a little built in overdrive ) and I can dial in how much.

the bass control is a killer feature. Vintage dearmonds can indeed get bass string heavy. The bass control dial evens out the guitar sounds.

I haven’t used this pedal in conjunction with the barnyard. That may blow my mind.

As the very true cliche goes “same actions same results “ I’m changing up my approach to guitar tones.

That Tavo has done an amazing job.

The BS301 is really interesting. It has preamp and some other special sauce that make it a very unique and versatile pedal. The preamp does what my Ep3 does (a little built in overdrive ) and I can dial in how much.

the bass control is a killer feature. Vintage dearmonds can indeed get bass string heavy. The bass control dial evens out the guitar sounds.

I haven’t used this pedal in conjunction with the barnyard. That may blow my mind.

As the very true cliche goes “same actions same results “ I’m changing up my approach to guitar tones.

That Tavo has done an amazing job.

more pedals should have tone knobs. modulation can get over-trebly (which is why phasers are my least favorite mod pedals), and many if not most fuzzes make your low end disappear. i love the Marshall Guv'nor 2 distortion for its 3-band EQ, and have a Wren & Cuff green Russian Big Muff clone whose tone knob makes it one of my most useful fuzzes.

I'm so glad that Tavo is an active member here and makes such fine products. His customer service is awesome too.

I used a piece of Nashville round up branded wood to make a travel board. The one in the upper right is for my Blues Jr Fat switch

– JBGretschGuy

you wanted to make us jealous of that $$$ Klon didntcha I'll have to be content w my modded Mythical Overdrive.

Used to use two. Then three. Then 4. Then...

you wanted to make us jealous of that $$$ Klon didntcha I'll have to be content w my modded Mythical Overdrive.

– TheNocturneBrain

Nope - it's a kinda like a Centura - a detailed "Klone" made with all of the right parts and in a fancy box. My buddy Joe has a real one that I used to compare and fine tune diode selection. D9Es for the win!

If I could do it all over (or just had $$$ to burn) I would ditch my entire pedal board, keep my outboard tube spring reverb tank and just have a Nocturne BS301 and Noctune D.C. Fluid Drive into my deLisle Nickel Box, which has excellent onboard trem and reverb. That's it......simple.

Register Sign in to join the conversation