Pedals

... is how many items come up today on a Reverb search for "all pedals."

That's a little misleading, because the least expensive 1,800 or so items (up to right around 20.00) includes mostly pedal accessories - power jumpers, stomp-toppers, and the like. A lot of low-end switchers and a few tuners are in the crowd as well.

But right around 20.00, the pages fill with more actual pedals than accessories.

Nonetheless, the cheapest actual effect pedal is a Behringer Bass Chorus, advertised as brand new, for 12.62. A number of other Behringers are under 15.00 too.

The most expensive item is Hank Garland's Ecco-Fonic delay, at 30,000.00.

Most expensive actual pedal is a gold-plated Boss DS1, from the 90s, at 12,717.49. Shipping is free.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Are you selling your collection? I swear there were only 41,531 yesterday

Maybe they disassembled this! :

My pedalboard is a Boss TR-2.

The only fuzz endorsed by BirdMan is the 1967 Layafette Fuzz Sound.

On the 12th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeee

Twelve kinds of reverb
Eleven phasers shifting
Ten flangers flanging
Nine chorus pedals
Eight loopers looping
Seven big distortions
Six Spacy Echoes
Five Overdrives
Four Tremolos
Three Top Boosts
Two Univibes
And a Nocturne Mystery Brain (cha cha cha!)

Proteus, I don't think there is a 12-step program for pedal addiction.

I can quit anytime I like. In fact, I’ve been sober for 10 days.

I can quit anytime I like. In fact, I’ve been sober for 10 days.

– Proteus

So does this mean that your toes have had no contacts of any kind with any pedals? If not you need to restart your 10 days.

On the 12th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to meeeeee

Twelve kinds of reverb
Eleven phasers shifting
Ten flangers flanging
Nine chorus pedals
Eight loopers looping
Seven big distortions
Six Spacy Echoes
Five Overdrives
Four Tremolos
Three Top Boosts
Two Univibes
And a Nocturne Mystery Brain (cha cha cha!)

– Parabar

I like that!!

So does this mean that your toes have had no contacts of any kind with any pedals? If not you need to restart your 10 days.

– senojnad

there's a major loophole there. are you wearing shoes? then technically the toes never touch them!

So does this mean that your toes have had no contacts of any kind with any pedals?

Nono, my criteria is not nearly that soft. It means I haven't ordered a new pedal for 10 days.

Being strickly literal, I wouldn't use my toes to stomp anyway, as a toe would slip off most normal-tension stompbuttons before it engaged them (though one could probably toe-press soft-touch stomps). In any case, I wear shoes when pedaling.

But in fact only a quarter, maybe a third, of my "pedals" are on the floor. The others are at table height, where I use my hands to engage them. (I might use my foot if I was younger, better-balanced, and more limber. That would look silly, and I'm trying to decide if audiences [as if I were ever to have one] would think it was cool or dopey. I'm leaning toward dopey.)

I've often considered calling my tabletop pedals manuals, which would be more literally accurate, but it would take too much explanation - and require too much disambiguation - to be worth it.

Also, Parabar has written a version of that miserable song I could get along with. Shoot, might even work up an arrangement. (There would be no problem deciding what effects to use in each section.)

In any case, I wear shoes when pedaling.

on I Love Fuzz we invented a new sub-genre for folks with big pedalboards which never leave the house: "sockgaze." one criterion for rating pedal demo videos: how's the poster's sock game?

Register Sign in to join the conversation