Gretsch Garage Sale

SOLD: Gretsch/FMIC White Falcon - 6136(T)

Well, those that know me, know that I'm a man of my word. If I buy another guitar, one that I have has to go to a new "keeper"............and one is heading my way so.........it's this Bird's time to spend in another's hands.

It's a "JT0410" that originally had the Cad "G" tailpiece, and a "V" cut Bigs was added. Since the pic above was taken, a Tru-Arc BR-120, and a pair of early TV Classics were also added, along with the treble bleed mod and a gold DE arm.

The early TV's have a smooth cover, with no markings on them. I purchased those new from TV, back at the end of '99.

This model is an intersting version, with the FMIC thin top, tone posts, period correct contours/shape for a vintage transition guitar.

Vertical Logo on headstock, engraved humpblock markers, and correctly placed "Filtertron" volume controls/mud switch/pup selector switch.

I would rate the condition a 9/10. A few "button worm" spots on the back, that don't show up on photos.

No issues or repairs, and plays beautifully wherever you set the action. Just a great playing and sounding Falcon.

Acoustically, it's a LOUD instrument, with a nice feeling "chunky" neck.

Selling to the lower 48 only, and PAYPAL is fine. Original Gretsch Case included.

$1750 + Shipping to lower 48

This is a really nice Falcon with some really nice upgrades for the money.

FWIW, the truss rod cover has Paul Cotton's sig on it with a Sharpie.

John !!! say it ain't so ! wow, man!

ok, now that the shock is subsided, what's coming in ? if i had the extra pocket change, I'd pick up this guitar on my way through. but alas, that won't happen. so, hope you have success in selling her, my friend.

I'm getting the deal finalized in the AM. Dang bank wouldn't let the amount go through on my debit card, and it was at the end of the day. That's OK though, at least they are looking out for my money, as it was a little larger than normal transaction! LOL

Quick visit in the morning, and she'll be heading to "Missery" by the afternoon. I'll start a new thread when I get it, with pics

Sarg, if it doesn't sell, keeping saving your pocket change, and you may end up with it on some future trip

Bob, this happened pretty fast, and I'm a little stunned too, but excited and trying to stay true to my own words of "one in, one out only" from now on.

Oh, what's coming..........a new 6120-59QM-LTD. When I spotted this one, I knew she was mine..................kinda like that cute little redhead I spotted 41 years ago. She came home with me, and is still here! lol

No fire sale, just how I manage this addiction. The Falcon will make someone very happy, but if she stays, she stays.

Hey there JD, I think I might have a buyer for you who will give that Falcon a very good home. PM sent.

Hey there JD, I think I might have a buyer for you who will give that Falcon a very good home. PM sent.

– Itchin For Gretschin

Got your PM and replied. Let's see what happens and thanks.

Hey John, thanks for your response. I heard back from my friend and it appears he's only interested in a guitar that's 100% stock. Sorry about that.

I think you've got an amazing guitar there, and at a very good price to boot - good luck with your sale!

A side question: does anyone know if White Falcons with this configuration (tone switch, vertical logo, hump block inlay and Bigsby) were ever offered stock? Just curious.

Hey John, thanks for your response. I heard back from my friend and it appears he's only interested in a guitar that's 100% stock. Sorry about that.

I think you've got an amazing guitar there, and at a very good price to boot - good luck with your sale!

A side question: does anyone know if White Falcons with this configuration (tone switch, vertical logo, hump block inlay and Bigsby) were ever offered stock? Just curious.

– Itchin For Gretschin

Thanks and no problem.

IIRC '05 was the last year that Gretsch/FMIC offered the configuration that I have. It had "HS" Filters stock, and was available with or without the Bigs. In '06, the present 6136T came out. Same body, but thumbnail markers and horizontal logo, with the non V-cut Bigs.

Only change on mine was adding the TV Jones Classics, and a V-Cut Bigs with the DE arm. The treble bleed in just a resistor across the master volume pot. At low playing levels, it helps retain the "highs".

KC Ed has verified that there were a few vintage models made like this configuration, along with a few that had Filters with the tone pot layout.

Looks like the factory had a few leftovers and put these "transitions" together back then. I would hate to see the pricing on one of those old babes.

Hope this helps, and thanks again

Still available?

– Johnny_Atomic

Yep, still available and sent you a PM too.

Thanks

As promissed in several PM's, here's pics taken today. No neck set/angle problems, no neck to body issues, and the action can be set whever you want.

Right now, I have the bass strings on the higher side of life ( for my heavier attack style) and the high strings are pretty low. No buzzing or fretting out.

Beautiful guitar at a great price... Someone should grab this. Good luck with your sale!

SOLD, SOLD ,SOLD..........and thank you!

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

congrats, John ! and congrats to whoever bought this fine guitar. you sure got a good guitar and a good deal.

I didn't think it would take long. Congrats to buyer and seller!

Shoot....wish I had seen this earlier. A WF is on my bucket list and I am in the market for a new addition to the flock. (Although I am sure my wife would appreciate it if I adopted your philosophy of one in one out).

Okay - time to fess up! I'm the new owner of this Falcon! Couldn't be happier - what a beautiful guitar!

Congrats hellbilly...that's The One That Got Away for many of us...

Okay - time to fess up! I'm the new owner of this Falcon! Couldn't be happier - what a beautiful guitar!

– hellbilly

Hellbilly, I'm glad that it arrived safe and sound!

Shipping always concerns me, as I would hate to see a beautiful instrument damaged, and have two unhappy people wondering WTF! lol

It was a pleasure working with you, and I'm happy that you're loving it.

Enjoy that Bird, as I surely did during my time of ownership.

Hellbilly, didn't you just get a DSW?

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Congrats to Helbilly on a great addition to his arsenal!!!!!!

Hellbilly, didn't you just get a DSW?

The heart wants what the heart wants.

– Razor

Aaaaand your point is? Ha! I'm on a bucket list crusade right now!

JD: I slapped a set of fresh strings on it last night, and I'm gigging with it tonight! Not to sound like a snob, but trying modded Electromatics, I FINALLY have a Filtertron-equipped Gretsch that has that true Setzer-y (now there's a word!) tone I've been seeking!

JD: I slapped a set of fresh strings on it last night, and I'm gigging with it tonight! Not to sound like a snob, but trying modded Electromatics, I FINALLY have a Filtertron-equipped Gretsch that has that true Setzer-y (now there's a word!) tone I've been seeking!

– hellbilly

Now that;s the "coolest beans" to my ears! I knew that there was someone who would enjoy this babe, and give her the love...........and a good gig is the way to treat her.

Again, a real pleasure working with you, and give it heck tonight.

Register Sign in to join the conversation