Other Guitars

Wine thread

Oof. That is BEAUTIFUL. Would be even better with an 'anodized' looking pickguard/control plate assembly. And 6 strings.

Burgundy Super 400.

– JCHiggy

Sure beats the most common sunburst all to hell!!

My wine Les Paul Studio:

We seem to have lost several pictures or maybe I'm the only one that can't see them. I saw them earlier.

Probably my fault for starting this thread, which inspired other finish oriented threads with tons of pics. Sorry Baxter, and anyone else.

My Tenny in the sun . . .

One of my most treasured guitars. I’d stack it up against a gibbo any day.

Late to the party--- had to stop by the package store...

Almost forgot about the Magnatone Mark IV I've had a crush on for...basically...ever:

And my own custom twelvesby. Eventually, I'll replace the amber pieces with ebony or wine burl panels:

Gretsch calls this one "oxblood" but I think it belongs here

And my own custom twelvesby. Eventually, I'll replace the amber pieces with ebony or wine burl panels:

– Strummerson

First I've seen this. I remember when you were getting it together. Glad to see it turned out nicely. If it sounds as good as it looks, you've got a winner. It certainly is unique.

First I've seen this. I remember when you were getting it together. Glad to see it turned out nicely. If it sounds as good as it looks, you've got a winner. It certainly is unique.

– wabash slim

It's heavier than I wanted and than it needs to be. But it really does sound like nothing else. There's a slight chorusy effect, a tiny bit swirly, but in a good way. And palm muted or just staccato single note stuff sounds great. So when I am percussive with the pick but also hit an open string drone it sounds really great. Especially through the Mystery Brain. I would like to re-do these panels on the face, though they look excellent on their own, with dark red burl or simply in ebony. The bigsby works well. Though I think it would be better with a towner in place of that tension bar. Haven't recorded anything with it though. Hope to do so this summer.

Actually, the one up above isn't wine, it's "bourbon", which is also good...

Here it is in "cherry", but very winey. I wish it had thumbnails. But a B3 with the towner like above, a serpentune, and silver pickup surrounds. Lovely guitar. Could also pop t-armonds or t-90s in. Or Setzer sigs.

'54 Streamliner in Burgundy

'54 Streamliner in Burgundy

– crowbone

I talked to Ed about it before you bought it. Convert it to nickel hardware and add a bigsby and it's basically my dream guitar.

I have owned more wine colored guitars but this is the only one left. A Guild Bluesbird.

Register Sign in to join the conversation