Other Guitars

Who would like one of these under their tree?

http://www.sweetwater.com/s...

Not what I'm looking for. Too much pickguard and I'm in heavily into a single coil phase. But seems like they did a nice job and seems like a lot of members here might be their target market. Should be a three saddle bridge and it should at least have a bigsby option. The fretboard is rosewood, but looks dark enough that is seems ebonized. Good looking guitar. Shame about covering it up with the tumorous looking pickguard.

That's a good photo of it and I agree, the pickguard is too big.

Not for me. Gretsch should be Gretsch and Fender should be Fender.

Count me three, toooo much plastic!

Its pushed the 'F' hole a little to close to the edge aswell.

Kinda like the White Falcon tele, but a little toned down.

I bet a Corvette pickguard (shape) would look better on it. Anyone here good with photoshop? ;-)

In answer to the original question: ME!!!

needs a Bigsby

– Mustafa Stefan Dill

needs a Bigsby

– Mustafa Stefan Dill

True but that can be changed.

I don't mind the pickguard - it's a nod to the dual humbucker 70's version of a tele thinline. And I don't mind big pickguards in general, if they're a cool shape.

But I have no use for a tele thinline, or a humbucker guitar. And I generally don't like gold hardware, except sometimes on a black guitar.

– Bear

– Bear

you're right. Why buy a Fender with Gretsch pickups and the finish of a white falcon ?????

– Bear

– Bear

I'm with Bear on this one. I like the white and gold scheme. Tex-Mex Tele single coils in gold would be cool. I have a Squier CV Thinline. Light weight and it's the most jangle I've ever heard from any Tele.

Don't say anything to Uncle Grumpy about the pickgaurd unless you are looking for a rumble. ;-)

Did this real quick in photoshop just to see what it would look like

Not what I'm looking for. Too much pickguard and I'm in heavily into a single coil phase. But seems like they did a nice job and seems like a lot of members here might be their target market. Should be a three saddle bridge and it should at least have a bigsby option. The fretboard is rosewood, but looks dark enough that is seems ebonized. Good looking guitar. Shame about covering it up with the tumorous looking pickguard.

– Strummerson

– Strummerson

That pickguard rocks!!!

Did this real quick in photoshop just to see what it would look like

– Justin Stern

I like that!

weird... the photo didn't get included in the quote....

Of course, I think it would look best without any pickguard.

And with black-white-black Charlie Christians and a Bigsby.

Oh, I would take it. Why are you asking, are you going to buy each of one? 8-)

When I first saw this I liked it, and even looked it up to see what it cost, got a little excited and then.....

...well then I wandered away from the computer and had a shower, came back and looked at it again and....

...the allure is gone. And honestly, this is basically what I go through every single time I've temporarily gone nuts over a telecaster. Even a few I've played that I liked, and twice that were within my price range at the time and I nearly pulled the trigger on.

Looking at Justin's photoshop, which admittedly comes even closer than the original, I think I've worked it out.

I just don't like the looks of the telecaster. Or the strat. Maybe it's the fact they just about all have those blond unbound necks, or that awful flat scroll-esque thing that they call a headstock... they just don't sit with my tastes.

Just recently when I was thinking about how much I love one of my friend's strats (truly a one in a million guitar), he brought out a 345 I never even knew that he had, and proceeded to get most of what I loved about the strat out of that. And that guitar, even if it's not 100%, is at least 90% of the way there in terms of style.

I'm not saying I absolutely love ever Gretsch model ever made (there are a lot of exceptions!), but to my sense of taste they just look better.

Other guitars can drag my attention away for a short while, but the looks is a massive part of what inspires me to come back and play again and again and again.

i don't mind the pickguard...it's the block inlays on the fingerboard i dislike. hump-blocks would be far better.

If I owned the one shown in Strummerson's first photo, I would probabIy name it The Amoeba-caster, due to that pickguard. 8-)

– Michael W. Peterson

– jukebox

If I could, JB, I'd buy everyone the GreTscH of his or her choice instead.

I'm just trying to figure out how to finance a custom tele build for myself without selling my Reverend Rick Vito and de Lisle 15P, both of which I love. and neither of which would bring what I invested.

Register Sign in to join the conversation