Other Guitars

What’s Dave Grohl Playing?

A 335-style with single Humbucker but appears to have no brand on the headstock. I figured if anyone knew it would be here. Similar to the ES -335 Studio but with binding and F-holes.

I feel old after watching that! I think Slash was trying to throw Dave a solo, but Dave was too busy flipping his hair around to notice. And he was running around too much to figure out what guitar it is. 3 knobs in a row like a V. I think there's a DG signature model (cuz he's such a totally awesome guitar dude), but I don't know what it looks like. Maybe that's it.

Probably some custom build. Has an LP Jr. style pg. But not a Grohl Sig.

There is a name on the headstock but too hard to make out. Probably a custom made.

Well He's a Drummer so....

He was a drummer in Nirvana. That means nothing.

He was a drummer in Nirvana. That means nothing. Don Henley is just a drummer too. The point of this post wasn't an analysis of Dave Grohl.

Not the solo type... That's like, everybody who says it's the feeling that counts and speed is meaningless, probably can't play fast ;)

Yeah he was a drummer first but so was Dylan. If you've ever seen our Dylan play in Nashville at a roundup, you'd know that doesn't matter.

Dave's also a God, isn't he?

I feel old after watching that! I think Slash was trying to throw Dave a solo, but Dave was too busy flipping his hair around to notice. And he was running around too much to figure out what guitar it is. 3 knobs in a row like a V. I think there's a DG signature model (cuz he's such a totally awesome guitar dude), but I don't know what it looks like. Maybe that's it.

– charlie chitlins

Dave's signature model is based on the thinline Trini Lopez from way back when. Looks like this:

The guitar Dave played with GnR in Tulsa isn’t his. It belongs to the Guns guitarist Richard Fortus. It’s a custom build by a luthier named Phil Culletin who owns a company called PSE Custom Guitars.

He was a drummer in Nirvana. That means nothing. Don Henley is just a drummer too. The point of this post wasn't an analysis of Dave Grohl.

– razzer10_4

I take it You do not understand Sarcasm very well.

BTW, Its not an analysis ,I just cant recall Grohl EVER soloing in any of his songs ,thats why he has that Chris Shiflet guy around.

Whatever, Manny. Foo Fighters has three guitarists, Grohl, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smears. The latter sort of share solo duties. It was just an inquiry about the guitar.

Pat Smear? Cool. The Germs were awesome. I exchanged hellos with Pat on a train fro m NY to DC once. He was looking totally rock and roll with electric blue leather trousers. I wonder if he doesn't fly...

I don't mind the Foo Fighters.

I loved Nirvana's music. Although I wished Cobain would have recorded with "humbucker" guitars.

I don't care for Grohl much. I liked him better as a quiet drummer, but I don't mean "behind the kit."

DG cusses way too much. He can't speak without "F" wording everything.

...-------

Register Sign in to join the conversation