Other Guitars

what kinda pickup

I might do some horse trading etc. and make a play for this Rick 650... it may be yet another 650/12 conversion and if that happens would be selling my first one, #3. This earlier one has the body contour and neck profile I like better than what came later.

But this one has a changed bridge pickup ...anyone have a clue? Not sure I have seen any Rick pickups like this --although it appears to be Rick-size...maybe the Rickenbucker with the top cover removed...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20...

contrary to the ebay poster info--it's not the bridge pickup thats been changed, but rather the neck pickup

tv jones makes that type format pickup

but lookin at pics, i'm thinking it may be made in asia/gfs type quality replacement

cheers

Yes, I got the location wrong -- but neck pickup is weird . Will let you all know what I find out

This is what the Rickenbacker humbucker looks like from the rear, unless there were multiple versions:

Not sure what the auction guitar has.

My guess is that it is a GFS NYIII,

These match up with the pictures but the one on the guitar seems to have a 3rd screw on each side.

These match up with the pictures but the one on the guitar seems to have a 3rd screw on each side.

It looks to me like the bobbin isn't a perfect fit to the cover, which makes me think that you're GFS NYIII ID is correct, but it's stuffed in the original Rickenbacker cover.

It will soon be for sale once a I get a Rickenbucker in here, cause I have the guitar now .

Register Sign in to join the conversation