Other Guitars

what is a good electric 12

Personally, I have a Ric Tom Petty model 12 String, and I love it ! It has a wider width at the nut, and that really helps the neck situation for me.

Also....Lloyd Cole is currently playing on of the Eastwood Classic 12's in his live shows.....if it is good enough for Lloyd, it would likely cover any bases I would ever need....and, it is relatively inexpensive ($549 USD).......(not sure if Lloyd's has been "modded" though).

– Toddfan

Jon Rauhouse uses an Eastwood too. (Neko Case and Jacob Dylan).

There's an Itallia Remini 12 on the Craig's List for $750 right now. Proteus loves his.

Or perhaps you're having a wee touch of seller's remorse?

– Bob Howard

Hey then....YOU know what I'm talking about! That is essentially the same as the Tom Petty model....but, without the scribbling.

I had a 360-12 first...loved the look of it...but, couldn't play it to save my life! Got the TP model with the wider neck....still can't play it to save my life, but now, at least when I finger a chord, all of the notes will sound!

360/12V64!

– duojet55

Now, there's a man after my own heart.

I've got 2 Italia Riminis in tortoise, one is a 6-string and the other is a 12. Mine were early versions back when they came with P90s, and the guitars are fantastic.

I also have a 12-string Ovation Deacon, maybe the best 12-string ever. Yep, I said it.

Right now, I'm too lazy to post photos...so another time.

...------

Also made by Eastwood...the Surfcaster 12!

My Dano 12 was really nice...turns out I just don't like 12-strings.

If this doesn't give you the urge, I dunno . Link Just the fact that Bigsby has a 12 string unit is so far out there!! Not something you see everyday.

Link

Link

I'm not a 12 fanboy and these give me GAS

There's an Itallia Remini 12 on the Craig's List for $750 right now. Proteus loves his.

Or perhaps you're having a wee touch of seller's remorse?

– Bob Howard

Rimini looks interesting but the low frets of the 660/12 just was a deal killer for me so no 2nd thoughts about selling.

Ricks always seem to be in such clean shape you feel bad about any changes. But if a rough one came along @ right price I would have no 2nd thoughts about medium jumbos on it.l

But I have to check into the Epi Elitist 12 that was posted here. Didn't know about that one. Hope its 1 3/4 !! If not the reissue 335-12 is my only hope. I think those wide neck Burns monsters are like 10 pounds or something.

That 660 is killer,i would've just had it refretted if i didn't like the low frets,but i'm a Rick lover,so i would say that!

I have one of those Eastwood double cut 12 string electrics Cheap and cheerful. Nice sounding and playing guitars Mine looks kind of like a brown country gent double cut It's a centerblock guitar so not a true hollowbody so a little more sustain and less feedback I got mine for $325 used I would recommend them , especially if you don't want to spend a brazillion dollars!

Register Sign in to join the conversation