Other Guitars

Well they finally did it!

For Sale:

One slightly used Kidney. $1599.99- Firm! Please PM for more information.....

I am so glad the sunburst one doesn't have a Guildsby, as with K-Wad, I would be selling body parts. I still have few that work just fine.

These must be Korean and I assume a hard case is included although it didn't say so in any of the text. They're priced too low to be Terada built.

Proteus mentions in his NAMM coverage that these new Guilds (the offshore ones) are being made by SPG in Korea, the same factory that produces the Electromatic hollowbodies. If MSRP is $1600, I'm thinking street price is going to be around the $1000 mark.

For Sale:

– kevin waddle

For Sale:

– K-Wad

you can actually put your kidney on 'clearance' for roughly $1,100...that'll be the street price on these...$1599 is MSRP. ;-)

I can't wait to demo them tomorrow! I'm not a huge fan of 'new' natural guitars (they look better once they amber and check..which poly won't do), so I'll be gunning for a sunburst 175. Like Bear, I'm bummed that there isn't a Guildsby option with the 'burst, but I have an old B6 sitting here that will work just fine.

9.45 fingerboard radius on these...I'd imagine a 9.5 Tru Arc would be close enough?

I love this guitar. It's so cool that FMIC is not worried about these eating into their Gretsch profits.

Gretsches and Guilds are two different beasts.

waiting for some one to post what those pickups sound like?,the buckers sound too gibsony for me,not that it's bad but... what's the point?

Starfire III,but I'd like it with DeArmonds.

The prices of the Newark St. series are pretty reasonable.

The Patriarch series' prices nearly made me choke on my coffee, though.

A Starfire with DeArmonds would be amazing - these guitars are the magic compromise of the the Dearmond series guitars and the U.S. Guild models. It's been a long time since I've wanted to save up for a new guitar! :D

There goes all my visions of grandiose buying and modding a blonde archtop. I'm with you, hillbilly, this one has it all, though I do prefer black dodgers on the naturals. Hey, you know.....!

– Mr. Astrojet

– MrAstroJet

Yeah, but they seem to attract the same people.

I am so glad the sunburst one doesn't have a Guildsby, as with K-Wad, I would be selling body parts. I still have few that work just fine.

These must be Korean and I assume a hard case is included although it didn't say so in any of the text. They're priced too low to be Terada built.

– Bear

– Bear

Hang in there, Bear. It will before long, I'm sure.

Really impressed that they replicated the mini-buckers. They are my favorite pickups. If the sales are substatial, I can see them rotating different features in and out of the lineup. DeArmonds on the Starfire? I'd rather see the Franzes on a blonde maple SFlll, but I have no problem with that.

Really like the sound of the Rhythm Chief on that Savoy, though. It has that early 50's sound that I wish I could get. :P

Register Sign in to join the conversation