Other Guitars

We all know citrus is best!

Show me your oranges, your limes, your lemons, and pink grapefruits!

Oh,i've got a few oranges!

1957 6120

1965/66 6120

2007 6120 DSW

2009 6120 59LTV

Love to post mine. When uploading is no longer broken.

I can't post pics today either. GDP is broken again.

It's the zillions of reissue orange Gretschs. They created an orange 'crush' / overload on the internet. Best get one of the other colours.

Orange/Tangerine, Lemon/Kumquat, Lime:

Who's got the salt and tequila?

Fresh from this past weekend...

The only orange guitar I ever had was a 2007 5120. I sold it to a friend of mine who got really attached to it.

A G3140 Historic year of manufacture unknown

5122 with Duotrons and Harley handle.

The first [prototype] Super Axe.....and Chet's own guitar, the one in the marketing photo with him.

6120 DSV, 2004

I think the Nashville soundpost graphic looks too HeeHaw and amateur, so I wetsanded the gold backcoat off the pickguard. I'm good with that.

My first Dyna Gretsch, and as sweet as any.

6120 DE, 2013

I think the Duanester has one of the classiest autographs ever, so I left the pickguard alone. A monster guitar, and it sounds surprisingly different from the DSV. (I keep flatwounds on the DSV, rounds on this one.) Ker-TWANG!

Jay Turser Cleopatra "Pro", 2003

And lest we fear an orange thread on the GDP would get as monotonous as an all-Corvette car show, I offer this detour from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'm glad this color category came up, though, because I've always thought of this guitar as citrusburst...

The Cleo came with Turser's generic 'buckers, but as a competently built maple thinline with a plank it's got "good bones." I changed the tuners to Imperials, upgraded the trem arm and knobs - and swapped in the pickups and wiring harness from an 80s Westone 2-1-2. With coil-tapping of the unbalanced-coil 'buckers and a switchable middle pickup, this guitar covers a lot of territory from double-bucker to double-single to Stratty combinations. It sounds good and plays great. Sometimes I think it looks funny though. Offset cutaway thinline doublecuts aren't common; the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul Signature is another.

The first [prototype] Super Axe.....and Chet's own guitar, the one in the marketing photo with him.

– Windsordave

That is stunning Dave, made all the better because it was the first AND Chet’s own instrument—Is this your favorite Guitar if you had to choose?

6120 DSV, 2004

I think the Nashville soundpost graphic looks too HeeHaw and amateur, so I wetsanded the gold backcoat off the pickguard. I'm good with that.

My first Dyna Gretsch, and as sweet as any.

– Proteus

I remember when the 5120s came with the clear pickguard and everyone railed against them. I like them better on a hollow body. It allows you to see the pretty f holes.

Orange and Lemon:

Now THAT'S a nice pear.

Register Sign in to join the conversation