Other Guitars

Vox V90 and S66 Bobcat

I found these Vox guitars interesting because the centerblock is smaller which gives them a more hollow sound, the scale length is 25", the S66 has 3 single coil pickups in a 16" semi hollow format and the V90 has slug magnets instead of bar magnets with screws which gives them more of a Fender style or Dynasonic style attack with a P90 bloom.

very cool..wish those were around when i was hunting for vox gear way back when...post thomas vox demise

chocolate watchband with all vox...inc bobcat

cheers

very cool..wish those were around when i was hunting for vox gear way back when...post thomas vox demise

chocolate watchband with all vox...inc bobcat

cheers

– neatone

This video is great! The funny thing is I thought the girl that got told to fly away was more attractive than the girl who replaced her at the very beginning of the video. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. All of the dialogue is priceless and there is even a fight scene. That's a lot of entertainment in under 4 minutes!

I have a Super Lynx Deluxe, basically a two pickup version of the Bobcat. Vox's single coil pickups were really low output. I had to remove the dead capacitors on the three-way pickup selector to get the volume up on the bridge pickup. Still, it's a fun guitar to play, with a nice slim neck.

I have a Super Lynx Deluxe, basically a two pickup version of the Bobcat. Vox's single coil pickups were really low output. I had to remove the dead capacitors on the three-way pickup selector to get the volume up on the bridge pickup. Still, it's a fun guitar to play, with a nice slim neck.

– duojet55

Whoa that's cool! I've always wondered what these kind of pickups would sound on a hollow or semi hollow guitar. Now I know and I like what I hear with both these single coils and the slug P90s. I didn't know or I guess I didn't pay attention that these Vox guitars even existed before today.

My brother's Vox Phantom XII. It has a wonderful Rick-like chimey sound. It's pickups are the same low-output units as on my Super Lynx. These two are Thomas Organ-era Vox guitars, both made in Italy by Eko and/or Crucianelli.

Register Sign in to join the conversation