Other Guitars

Vox Teardrop 1964 restoration project.

Pretty cool,turned out great sir!

Amazing work as always, Tony.

Btw, I love the shade of vintage white you do.

Love it! You managed to make it look like a vintage guitar that's in great shape. Well done.

Crikey Tubs, I remember watching that when I was about 13. J.T's looks pretty close.

Wow, very nice work! it looks great!

Crikey Tubs, I remember watching that when I was about 13. J.T's looks pretty close.

– tonyb

I bet yours plays better.

Nice job, Tony. This is the first teardrop that I ever drooled over.

Great job ! I always remember this guy playing a Vox, and the shape would make an easy switch to A Lefty guitar.

Nice work, Tony! Looks great.

Cool, I always wondered if that Strat bridge was a top loader or string through. Looks like it has the whole trem block in there.

Hah, who forgot to drill a hole for the earth wire?

guitar # 2

cheers

– neatone

Looks like you beat me to posting this. A great player playing great guitars. He's like a kid in a candy store here.

Sounds like a good Strat to me, wiry & gnarly on the low strings but not too shrill higher up. Pups are pretty much like low wind Strat pups, about 5.8k. Selector switch is a bit awkward, under the trem arm. Hey ho.

Sounds very nice and reminds me more of a Jaguar than Strat from afar. Do you still use the Vibro Champ XD?

as per original brian jones guitar

they covered all the bad stuff with a backpad..ala gretsch

you can see the pad attachment sockets on the back

even the eko vox's came with back pads

cheers

Great tone and playing T

There is a bit of Jaguar to the tone Sascha. Bridge & low break angle are similar. Yup, Vibro chamo XD, I can't bring any posh amps home, Little Walter will scratch them to bits.

Pretty heckin' cool, Tony! Another fine job!

Register Sign in to join the conversation