Other Guitars

Under USD 500… in other words M75T content…

This photo shows the finish more accurately. The pickguard and control knobs are not original.

Wow-- I dig it with the metal knobs!

yes the champagnes really turned golden with age...solar bronze was more copper...(might have just been used on m77t's tho)

there was a nice m77-t in very gretsch like orange...they also made the dearmond t400 which was a guild duane eddy style in orange...probably the most coveted dearmond at the time

cheers

I liked the M75T better than the M77T because I dug the white pickups, actually.

I remember a blues guy in Dallas that used the M75T sporadically--got a KILLER neck pickup sound... But were were all still in the SRV adoration phase then (not that I'm still not), so that was part of what convinced me to grab one.

K

I believe that's a Solar Bronze M-77T. Looks great.

– Caliban335

Nope. M75. Has the Guild trussrod cover and the original headstock shape with the extra lumps. The solar bronze was a solid color. That pic isn't close enough to see the sparkles, but they are there in all their glory. Here's a close up.

the m75t came in 4 colors- black, antique sunburst, blue sparkle and champagne sparkle

fender support still has some dearmond pdfs for downloading..grab'em

https://support.fender.com/...

cheers

Nope. M75. Has the Guild trussrod cover and the original headstock shape with the extra lumps. The solar bronze was a solid color. That pic isn't close enough to see the sparkles, but they are there in all their glory. Here's a close up.

– Rhythmisking

Did your guitar come with the black pickup inserts?

Yeah, I should have noticed the headstock. It's a dead giveaway to distinguish M-75/T models from M-77/T models. I got obsessed with DeArmond guitar a few years ago and put a spreadsheet together with basic features for the various models.

This thread is making me think I should go buy a DeArmond, but I've owned five of them and sold every one.

My M75T was an early one too, but had big, square frets. Disappointing, but it sounded so good, I had the guitar refretted. Loved the p/us. That guitar did one trick I've not seen before. In the middle position, turn tone full up on the neck, full down on the bridge. At least on mine, that was a tasty, unusual tone. MD

That was before the locking tuners, graphite nut and roller bridge....

Cool guitar!

I've been playing mine for Sunday morning church gigs. A bit hard to tame at low volume in that it needs my amp a bit louder to bring out the sound. At low volume I get all treble on one end and mush on the other. But I played with my pedals and the amp and it works--really a lot of fund. Great sustain and a "live" feeling that I don't get from a lot of guitars.

Still breaking it in...

K

Register Sign in to join the conversation