Other Guitars

Thinking this! This! This! Or this maybe that!

For one I'm in trouble with this new phone trying to post pics so I said the the hell with it for now!

Anyhow

1 Guild Aristocrat 2 I don't care if it's Jimmy eats world sig tele that JA p 90 is sharp. A band aid across the back of the headstock would take care of the sig. 3 Squire baritone tele is blowing my skirt up in the air. 4 P90 streamliner And the whatever is I have access to a 64 Corvair Monza ragtop that's spotless plus I'm thinking what else AMPS!

SHEESH!

Corvair. The others you can always find.

Corvair. The others you can always find.

– NJBob

Truth is I need an everyday car first.

As much as I love your list, Bob makes an excellent point.

Click on the yellow camera thingy above the posting grid and add at least one character.

Welcome back, Gary. Good to see you and nobody poking your heads in, in the past few day.

Go for the Monza.

You can get by with the guitars and amps you already own. You can always find transportation, but a '64 Monza is a real rarity.

Yeah Dave I tried that and it's a no go. I'll keep working on it.

Dude, you don't want a Monza. Any car of that age is unending trouble for minimal return in satisfaction. Aching hands, smashed fingers, twisted back if you do the work yourself, constant drain on the budget if you pay someone else.

Guitars are better. Think how many you could have for the price of a durn old car. You have perfect taste there in that wishlist, too. I have the Aristocrat, love it - and the 2xP90 Streamliner, ditto. The Squier Telebari is mighty attractive to me as well. The JA Tele's pretty sweet too...you could get em all for less than the taxes and registration on the car, no?

And the Streamliner and Telebari are silly-good bargains, right? (The others certainly not overpriced.)

Cars, ehhh.

Guitars, yeah!

For one I'm in trouble with this new phone trying to post pics so I said the the hell with it for now!

Anyhow

1 Guild Aristocrat 2 I don't care if it's Jimmy eats world sig tele that JA p 90 is sharp. A band aid across the back of the headstock would take care of the sig. 3 Squire baritone tele is blowing my skirt up in the air. 4 P90 streamliner And the whatever is I have access to a 64 Corvair Monza ragtop that's spotless plus I'm thinking what else AMPS!

SHEESH!

– roadjunkie

The Jim Adkins JA 90 Tele is cool, and I seriously considered getting one, since I like both Tele Thinlines, and P90s. Oh yeah, and I do like some (but not all by a longshot) Jimmy Eat World tunes (Jim Adkins sings and plays guitar in that band). Then I learned the JA 90 has one of the thinnest Tele necks around. Ugh!! I can't stand thin necks. So much for that. So, I ended up getting a Fender Britt Daniels Tele Thinline (which I still have - I do like a good Tele), which has a decently hefty neck, instead.

Tim the back story on the corvair is kinda convoluted. It's a split inheritance between my brother and myself and neither one of us really wanted it. And I'm getting too old to be crawling on the ground besides that it's an automatic. Remember those levers on the dash. They were no fun.

Ellen years ago I had one of the early Jeff Beck Strats that Godzilla would play hell getting his mitts around.

And I'm getting too old to be crawling on the ground besides that it's an automatic. Remember those levers on the dash. They were no fun.

There you go. Do you have it, or have a shot at it? One of you brothers has to buy the other out? Can't agree to sell it and split the proceeds?

For a P90 Tele with lovely beefy neck, waaaaaaay better than it ought to be for the money and just plain a sweet guitar...there's this SX Furrian. Comes in other colors too. Had mine for a year and still delighted. (I'm not a fan of the headstock, but the rest of it makes up for that.)

https://www.rondomusic.com/...

Well, I loved my '64. Just saying. It was a blast to drive. But... I had access to a guy that was a Corvair savant so that was definitely an upside. He let me use his garage/lift and I did my own work.

And I'm getting too old to be crawling on the ground besides that it's an automatic. Remember those levers on the dash. They were no fun.

There you go. Do you have it, or have a shot at it? One of you brothers has to buy the other out? Can't agree to sell it and split the proceeds?

For a P90 Tele with lovely beefy neck, waaaaaaay better than it ought to be for the money and just plain a sweet guitar...there's this SX Furrian. Comes in other colors too. Had mine for a year and still delighted. (I'm not a fan of the headstock, but the rest of it makes up for that.)

https://www.rondomusic.com/...

– Proteus

As of now we're right straight down the middle. We are putting it in storage next week. But not for long I hope. I can put some pics on FB I just have problems here and GT do you guys have messenger?

Register Sign in to join the conversation