Other Guitars

There’s a ridiculous amount of cool guitars in the world…

...more than is dreamt of in our philosophy.

Here's an endless rabbithole for your imagination.

https://www.pinterest.ie/pi...

Lots of drool inspiration here, and a bit of ewww. Report back with your favorites.

Pinterest.

Wow.

There's some really cool ones, but beyond looking at them, I'm not sure I'd like to own or play them.

I would want to give this one a hug:

This resonator has me wanting to see it in person.

It's got a Wandre-esque-ness about it that appeals to me.

Pinterest.

Wow.

There's some really cool ones, but beyond looking at them, I'm not sure I'd like to own or play them.

– crowbone

Crowbone's curvy pic reminds me of a mobius strip . . . an endless loop, with only one side!

I think this one is mighty classy, too:

Crowbone's curvy pic reminds me of a mobius strip . . . an endless loop, with only one side!

I think this one is mighty classy, too:

– geoguy

I'm with you on this one geoguy as it is a thing beauty. The thread topic is dead on correct in my opinion as there are a ton of wonderful guitars out there ready for a new home!

Just came out of Martin factory. A few pics from museum. Great thread P!

Cam had some interesting wierd guitars....paging Billy d!

I feel like I've been doing acid with hippies,after all of those very special guitars. Some of them would more classify as works of art instead of playable instruments. Cool stuff.

Cam had some interesting wierd guitars....paging Billy d!

– munman

The Halloween guitar...

I tried scrolling to the bottom of that page, and Rod Serling appeared in the corner of the room. He didn't even have to say anything... I knew.

Anyway, if you guys have any energy (and time) left after that, try this too: http://guitology.tumblr.com/

The ones that caught my eye were the lucite Gretsch copy and the copperburst Ric. The cut up lp record as a pickguard was an interesting touch on an LP Jr.

This resonator has me wanting to see it in person.

It's got a Wandre-esque-ness about it that appeals to me.

– crowbone

Man, I love electric Nationals.

Yah, me too. I wasn't quite overwhelmed when I tried one though - or maybe I couldn't figure out what I'd use it for.

Here's the one I want.

And also most of the others at this guy's Custom Shop.

One hates to characterize designers by nationality - it seems so reductive - but I see a lot of the same design cues and cultivated extravagance here as in the great custom French car body makers of the 30s. Delage, Delahaye, etc. (Automotive design rabbithole right here.)

Pinterest.

Wow.

– crowbone

That one is sexy.

Cool stuff! Got me drooling. However, would I play them? Perhaps one or two....

That one is sexy.

– Baba Joe

Yes...child bearing hips.

Yah, me too. I wasn't quite overwhelmed when I tried one though - or maybe I couldn't figure out what I'd use it for.

– Proteus

Here's what you would do with one.

The first part (up to the 90% THD) is pretty close to what I do with a Fishman-pickupped full deep acoustic reso, and the THD section isn't far off my approach on lapsteel.

Except I usually play'em both in the lap, so I don't look rock-n-roll.

I do have the Jay Turser version of that concept, and it's fun too.

Is that your son's band? Cool concept, swamp-metal.

...more than is dreamt of in our philosophy.

Here's an endless rabbithole for your imagination.

https://www.pinterest.ie/pi...

Lots of drool inspiration here, and a bit of ewww. Report back with your favorites.

– Proteus

I didn't make it through the whole page. I saw but 2 Gretsches, and no Rickenbackers. Some of those other guitars looked more like sculpture than musical instruments.

Not my sons band, but the crowd he plays shows with. Another band, Failure Machine, is trying to get him to go on the road with them.

I advised he finishes up his Engineering degree first.

Register Sign in to join the conversation