Other Guitars

The Rooster’s Hofner Verithin

I've been on the market for a Hofner Verithin after passing on Alpep's at the Philly Guitar Show. I made a low offer and subsequent deal on this '61, breaking my personal rule of steering clear of mods. This guitar entrigued me. The pickups are early 60s Vox, a selector switch has been added to the upper bass side bout, and the control panel and knobs have been changed. Mods appear to have been done decades ago.

But who are the Roosters?

Didn't Eric Clapton play in a band called The Roosters? Nah, couldn't be -- could it? Must have been lots of bands called The Roosters back in the day.

Eric Clapton's first band was called 'The Roosters'. If it was his guitar and you find proof you don't need to work in 2017 if you sell it.

Hi Sascha -- great minds think alike! Happy New Year to you. My stepdaughter is just about to touch down in Berlin.

Hi Sascha -- great minds think alike! Happy New Year to you. My stepdaughter is just about to touch down in Berlin.

– Dave_K

Ha! Thanks. Have a great 2017 too, Dave. Hope our paths cross again in the future.

Register Sign in to join the conversation