Other Guitars

The New Continuing Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets Thread Live …

You should know I don't remember anything, Tavo. WHO are you, again?

I do remember that post, Tavo. You claimed to have some friends who were on tour with him or who rode in a cab with him or somesuchnonsense. At least that is what I recall.

Hope to have these Novak pickups installed in my new American Pro Jag soon. just waiting on the bridge from England.

A Mastery? That bridge will cost almost as much as the guitar did.

I personally don't see a problem with bridges costing a significant portion of the price of a guitar - assuming they improve the instrument to a commensurate proportion.

I think the record for a Tru-Arc is 350.00. That went on a 1953 Les Paul in Paris, and it had to be such a Low Rider the tooling and jigs had to be destroyed during the grinding.

A Mastery? That bridge will cost almost as much as the guitar did.

– Ric12string

a Candy apple red American Pro Jag guitar price $1550 street, a mastery bridge is $190. I bought a better version w proper vintage steel barrels w modern 9.5" radius for $97 in the UK (prot needs to come up w a retrofit)

https://reverb.com/item/639...

Oh, okay. I thought all of this was for your DiPinto.

Oh, okay. I thought all of this was for your DiPinto.

– Ric12string

ya my last dipinto had the full shebang from Mastery. I hated the ricky bridge from mastery sorry to say, but the vibrato was worth every penny compared to the stock one, just not worth that many pennies on the import dipinto and would be best served on a new american built dipinto :). fwiw..The earlier sunburst ash model had the set posts so it was great dropping the tru-arc on it. I will eventually work my way to that bullion gold USA Galaxy II. Thats a dream.

back in the clown button club again, just about to install an american pro jag trem and curtis novak vintage jag style pickups.. like the ones Eddie uses. ya fam, howboudat.. Eddie dont play stock fridge mags,never has. #FBOMBTV #QUILTER #LSJAF

Man I almost forgot how much fun I had right here. I should return more often and catch up.

There is a spare G4 that is used when things go wrong with LSJ. That one has four Novak lipstick pickups on it.

I shall ask Eddie about the pickups again.

Eddie sometimes used a booster pedal to get some bloom with mega clean and loud twin amps.

Mind you: the pickups on my LSJ model sound much meaner than those on the red G4 of my friends.

Man I almost forgot how much fun I had right here. I should return more often and catch up.

There is a spare G4 that is used when things go wrong with LSJ. That one has four Novak lipstick pickups on it.

I shall ask Eddie about the pickups again.

Eddie sometimes used a booster pedal to get some bloom with mega clean and loud twin amps.

Mind you: the pickups on my LSJ model sound much meaner than those on the red G4 of my friends.

– Geoff_Vane

both Eddie and Novak are not going to say sh$t about what is or isnt under the pickup covers. Just know I was made some pickups without the covers and I cant ask what they are made of, I can only install them into my Galaxie IV LSJ and then get really smug about it:)

teeheeeteeheeee

Tavo, is that an import Gal, or one of the reputed US models?

I think Chris should make some in knotty pine with a DP brand.

Also, how doth one acquire these mythical pickupth?

Also too, pursuant to bridge mentions above..."bridge from England"...do you recall the brand? I think it's the one I have on my Squire Bass VI. At the price a powerful alternative to Mastery.

Staytrem is the brand you're looking for Tim

Aye, that's it. Great improvement over the stock piece. Website says it's not available, don't know what that's about. I was thinking about it for my Squire Jag. But I just have a Mustang bridge on the Jazzmaster, and it really does fine as well.

Tim, I bought a Staytrem bridge for my Jazzmaster -- excellent bit of kit. Like you, I found the 'out of stock' sign on the website. The trick seems to be to keep looking, more or less everyday. After a few days the website sign said 'in stock' so I bought one -- and almost immediately the 'out of stock' sign was back, suggesting that the bridges are made in very small quantities (like maybe just one at a time!) as demand requires. The boss at Staytrem is a very nice guy to deal with and his Jazzmaster/Jaguar bridge is just the job -- and there's a choice of radius.

just write to them, they will make you one. Good stuff

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Hey Tavo, how do you compare them with the Mastery Bridge? I’m a big MB fan and have it on my main Teles and JM but I’d like to try something new on my Jag. Is there something in the material that improve sound? Thanks!

Eddie just got that guitar back then. He says only Chris knows. He got it as is and never asked or investigated. Chris told me it's stock. So it either stock or there is a conspiracy.

I did mention I found differences in the pickups in the same guitars. I think they might be inconsistent.

When I plug in the D2000 Gretsch, it sounds much alike. The DiPinto just goes extremer when you switch the pickups to solo.

The cheaper DiPintos now have flat headstocks. The more expensive ones still have the tilted headstock.

Register Sign in to join the conversation