Other Guitars

The New Continuing Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets Thread Live …

On facebook is such a cool LSJ concert. There we hear the DiPintos singing in their natural habitat.

On facebook is such a cool LSJ concert. There we hear the DiPintos singing in their natural habitat. -- Geoff_Vane

No link?

Bump because Chris Dipinto is a damn awesome hippy businessman. His new American line is KILLING me!!!

Since when is a reason needed to bump this thread?

Bump because Chris Dipinto is a damn awesome hippy businessman. His new American line is KILLING me!!!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Is this something you saw at NAMM? I don’t see it on his web site.

Is this something you saw at NAMM? I don’t see it on his web site.

– Bob Howard

The part about him being an awesome hippy businessman?

Actually, as for the American line of guitars, this has been something that Chris DiPinto has been publicizing for the better part of the last year through emails, Facebook, etc. As Gretschadelphia pointed out, the guitars are being made in the US and apparently near him in Philly.

American made guitars yes but same pickups as the Korean imports . Chris wanted to retain the classic Dipinto sound so he still uses the tone full refrigerator magnet pickups or thats what Tavo calls them. I love their sound don't care what they are made of!

The Men In Grey Suits might be the next best DiPintonists after Los Straitjackets.

The part about him being an awesome hippy businessman?

Actually, as for the American line of guitars, this has been something that Chris DiPinto has been publicizing for the better part of the last year through emails, Facebook, etc. As Gretschadelphia pointed out, the guitars are being made in the US and apparently near him in Philly.

– Ric12string

c'mon who is on facebook anymore unless its a group page, or clicks on email ads...dont you follow on Instagram. From the get go he's been sharing the inception to production and custom one offs as well.

this being really the only long running thread on a particular guitar at the GDP since the giant train crash incident, I felt this repost was necessary.

Tavo, THAT is the best rig rundown ever! Always makes me smile.

I was disappointed I didn’t see Chris at Namm this year. Love the ferrite pickups!!

this being really the only long running thread on a particular guitar at the GDP since the giant train crash incident, I felt this repost was necessary.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Geoff Vane loves this video as well due to Eddie's oblique shout out to him.

I was disappointed I didn’t see Chris at Namm this year. Love the ferrite pickups!!

– paul pigat

do I have to get Curtis Novak on this forum to tell you he winds Eddies Pickups!!! shhhhhhhyeezz the fridge mags are for civilians :)

Perhaps if Curtis and Eddie were both to submit notarized and certified affidavits attesting to this purported practice, we could give it more credence.

Perhaps if Curtis and Eddie were both to submit notarized and certified affidavits attesting to this purported practice, we could give it more credence.

– Proteus

Maybe. But, then again, maybe not. That would sure spoil a lot of fun.

I must admit that even though they have been around for a couple of decades, I never knew dada about Los Straitjackets.

Oh, I saw the wonderful Conan version of Pacifica, but at the time wasn't moved. THIS place turned me back on to them, and the kwerky DiPinto Guitars.

I don't have one, don't need one, but man they are....cool. If I owe the Gretsch pages anything, it's a thanks for turning me on to the band.

Thats not what Eddie told me. He and Greg say those are stock pickups! Now Curtis does wind Pete Curry's bass pickups of which I have purchased a set for my Los Strait jackets bass I bought.

Thats not what Eddie told me. He and Greg say those are stock pickups! Now Curtis does wind Pete Curry's bass pickups of which I have purchased a set for my Los Strait jackets bass I bought.

– rickvox

Nor did Eddie tell you about the boost pedal hidden behind his amp.. Civilians! ps, I knew we could stir you up out of the swamplands Rickvox, glad you are back!

Nor did Eddie tell you about the boost pedal hidden behind his amp.. Civilians! ps, I knew we could stir you up out of the swamplands Rickvox, glad you are back!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

What? He runs around behind his amp to stomp on it?

WHAT boost pedal, pray tell?

And I spect he leaves it on allatime.

What? He runs around behind his amp to stomp on it?

– Ric12string

just like a Nocturne preamp, it stays on.. Now does Eddie use it all the time, who knows. I just can verify the pedal was onstage. but more importantly, I'm getting a set of pickups wound just like Eddies by Curtis Novak, who also custom winds his dipinto w the lipstick pkups as well.

@proteus, dont you remember me posting about Eddie's secret Durham Sex Drive pedal onstage in Australia?

a little more strat tone from Eddie btw

Register Sign in to join the conversation