Other Guitars

The New Continuing Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets Thread Live …

By the way, thinking about Proteus's post made me wonder, is the GDP backed up through various means of redundancy what with our man of many prose being back?

That was a great story proteus ! I had a Gibson as my first guitar a ES330 cherry red . I loved that guitar but one day I visited my moms friend from high school and she had a son who was 2 years older than me but he had the most outrageous guitar I ever saw It was a red Sparkle EKO with many pickups and Mother of toilet seat pick-guard and when he played the Ventures Walk don't run and grabbed the Vibrato bar to make the cool sound my mouth dropped open. Now I have had many guitars in my years of playing but my two Galaxie's always remind me of that guys guitar just outrageous! By the way guys Eddie told me on the Sept tour they have somebody called Octagon playing bass with them. I will see them in three weeks and fill you guys in!

Okay, for a no-prize trivia contest, what member of the GDP played bass in Los Straitjackets?

(Tavo and Proteus are automatically disqualified. Just because. And Geoff Vane should be disqualified, but we'll leave him in just because there is no prize swag for him to win, which should be enough to make him absolutely raving mad.)

Scott Esbeck played before Pete Curry but Danny Amis was the bass player when the whole group was founded originally!

Is Scott Esbeck and member of the GDP?

EDIT: rickvox, you are partially correct because at one time Danny Amis did create a GDP membership so that he was able to post up about his compilation of LSJ songs in tablature. But, the player that I am thinking of is a pretty regular member of the GDP.

Don't Know but somebody once said Danny Amis was.

No other takers on the quiz? We will open it up to Proteus and Tavo, although I am pretty confident that Proteus knows the answer to this question...

You think I have a memory?

Do I vaguely remember that Joao was going to bass in with LSJ?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. No more calls please.

Yes, our own João Erbetta played bass with Los Straitjackets on one or more performances in Mexico or South America, as I recall.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. No more calls please.

Yes, our own João Erbetta played bass with Los Straitjackets on one or more performances in Mexico or South America, as I recall.

– Ric12string

I'm sorry but that gretsch has 6 strings, and he's not wearing a mask.. come on!!

gotta say saw joão a coupla times in action (when he was bay area local)..be a shame to limit him to 4 strings..one of my recent fave players

one of those guys that only plays the right notes

cheers

Wow. Proteus is IN THE HOUSE! Couldn't agree more, Tim. The Silver and Yellow is the definitive scheme. I don't even mind the white button surrounds, though the chrome ones add a certain something. Darn you, Tim. I had followed this re-thred (and it's ancestor) without necessarily requiring I get ahold of one of these bad boys. Now, I'm not so sure.

Tavo, the photo was not intended to be of him playing bass. Instead, merely a photo to remind us of our good friend. I miss knowing that he is just down I-80 a few hours drive from my little mountain town.

Bob, you are correct, sir. That is THE definitive Gslaxie 4. I love mine and always enjoy playing it. I took it to Surf Music Camp and everyone was asking about it. YUGE cool factor to it.

Tavo, the photo was not intended to be of him playing bass. Instead, merely a photo to remind us of our good friend. I miss knowing that he is just down I-80 a few hours drive from my little mountain town.

Bob, you are correct, sir. That is THE definitive Gslaxie 4. I love mine and always enjoy playing it. I took it to Surf Music Camp and everyone was asking about it. YUGE cool factor to it.

– Ric12string

ya... I know Ric12, I think you missed my humor. Or ignored it, if you are a bassist. :)

I was afraid that Deke was going to sing it, what with the last album they released.

I forgot to mention that, while I was at Surf Music Camp last month, there was a guy there who had a DiPinto silver sparkle w/ yellow MOTS pickguard bass guitar. It was pretty cool. I played it for only ten seconds or less, but it felt reasonably good.

Hey Ric12string I have one too! I bought it from Chris Dipinto as they are a real rarity as so few were made and I was hoping my wife would play it on the LSJ songs but she prefers her Gretsch Jr jet. I use it for recording and I think is is a great bass very fun. The Mr Pete model

Yeah, that might be a bit too LSJ-ish, rickvox, to have Chrissie on the Meester Pete bass. One thing to admire their music and their fun performances, but something else entirely to have everything like them. Then again, at least she wouldn't be trying to wear his mask.

So, here we have the secret of the masked men's tone...

It is the bridge pickup with refrigerator magnets. And the palm of the hand. And the masks.

PLUS!!!! There is a huge shoutout to Geoff Vane. Although you have to know it is Geoff that he is talking about.

bueno!!

and jb gets in a django missing digits joke!!

cheers

Nice guys, I would like to start a fund to get them point to point deluxe reverbs though. They deserve real ampsps. Eddie is lying about pedal use, we have proof. yahhh. #hillarydied

Nice guys, I would like to start a fund to get them point to point deluxe reverbs though. They deserve real ampsps. Eddie is lying about pedal use, we have proof. yahhh. #hillarydied

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Remind us again, Tavo, what the pedal is and where he uses it when performing.

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Whut? He seemed to have a pedal there , made a wobbly sound, think the teenagers call it tremolo? And what is #hillarydied. I googled it (like a reel teenager) and found nil.

In the video, Eddie and Greg each said that they have the amp's foot switch for use of the onboard reverb and tremolo, but otherwise no pedals between guitars and amps.

As for the tag that Tavo used, I also found it odd but I recognize that he was/is still an ardent supporter of Bernie Sanders.

Register Sign in to join the conversation