Other Guitars

The New Continuing Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets Thread Live …

This is somthing that had to be done! Lets keeps it going guys! My wife and I are playing the Symco Shakedown in Symco Wi this weekend,its a Rockabilly ,Hotrod festival and we are going to be busking on the grounds . Here a tune we learned for this weekend. Book em Dano https://www.facebook.com/ph...

I was waiting for one of you guys to start it! I guess we have to repost 30 pages again to convince you guys that you have plinky refrigerator magnets that need replacing with real magnetic slug pickups!

Don't turn this into another thread full of lame ass shit like the other one.

Can't remember any lame ass shit. Can you name some?

All I remember are 70+ pages filled with very important discussions about fridge magnets, plastic resonance, Los Straitjackets, brutal stalking and other meaningful aspects of life.

I'll be here.

I forgot to post the special run of Galaxies with a full maple neck. Anyone seen those?

I think it was more like 30 pages of good stuff and the rest was a constant back and forth about whether the crappy ceramic magnets were good or not.

jaycemumford, Everything was in good fun which is the very essence of the guitar and the band!

For my good friend...

I agree, rickvox, this is a thread that needed to be started up again for those of us who enjoy the music and guitars of Los Straitjackets.

Jayce, there was certainly a good dose of silliness in the original thread, but it was silliness among like-minded friends. No need to allow us to ruin your day by our being silly; instead, just avoid the thread if it isn't to your liking.

Geoff, post up the photos of the new line of Galaxies. We can't get enough of them.

Oh-oh...now FrequentFlyer909 and other southpaws can experience DiPinto madness.

Any thoughts on what the owner has done with this one?

I think it was more like 30 pages of good stuff and the rest was a constant back and forth about whether the crappy ceramic magnets were good or not.

– jaycemumford

Have you come and hung out at a Gretsch Round Up or Namm show or more important an actual Los Straitjackets Show with some of the folk on this forum, if not then maybe youre missing some of the elbow nudging comradery that hasnt much to do with the pickups in the guitars. Maybe you should get yourself a Dipinto Galaxy IV like we have and rock out at full volume with it, it will all start making sense.

We enjoy sharing the guitars even if some still think the Clown Nose switches make their guitars sound better running through 11 extra feet of wire.

Eddie is a blade man, like myself

And we can't have a DiPinto Galaxie 4 thread and not have one of its biggest fans in it.

And one of their best new tunes, which has Greg Townson's fingerprints all over it.

Well I am in seventh heaven as I am going to see Los Straitjackets 3 times this year. Sept 6 in my hometown, Oct. 16 in Berwyn Ill and Oct 25 in Cleveland Ohio also going to take in the Rock and roll Hall of fame. I found some cool stuff on ebay that you guys may or have not seen before First a Vintage guitar magazine with them on the cover inside a cool interview with all of them

Next a Fender string ad

And in this Vintage guitar magazine dated may 1997

Which contains what looks to be an ad for some of Chris Dipinto's first handmade guitars. Tavo if you don't like the clown nose buttons your going to love these babies

Any thoughts on what the owner has done with this one?

– Ric12string

You know it looks nice but for me at least the stop bar thing (no vibrato bar) is like castraiting the instrument.

And finally its nice to have us all together again talking about the guitar and the band!

You know it looks nice but for me at least the stop bar thing (no vibrato bar) is like castraiting the instrument.

– rickvox

I'm pretty sure thats a stock version, it was called the Galaxy II and hasnt been made for some 8yrs

Next a Fender string ad

– rickvox

I remember that ad! It's from the 90s! Lost Straightjackets are cool as is Danny Amis' previous band The Raybeats.

DiPinto Galaxy 4s are also cool, but they have too many pickups for my taste. I'll stick with this little honey I have.

Jaguar

I'm pretty sure thats a stock version, it was called the Galaxy II and hasnt been made for some 8yrs

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Tavo, I believe that the Galaxy II model is not the same guitar as the one that I posted and which rickvox commented on. It appears that the Galaxy II had essentially two humbuckers whereas the Galaxy 4 has four single coils, which is the model in the photograph that I posted. I am assuming that the purpose of putting the two pickups together is to create humbuckers, but, perhaps I am mistaken about that.

In any event, I think that those are different guitars.

Tavo, I believe that the Galaxy II model is not the same guitar as the one that I posted and which rickvox commented on. It appears that the Galaxy II had essentially two humbuckers whereas the Galaxy 4 has four single coils, which is the model in the photograph that I posted. I am assuming that the purpose of putting the two pickups together is to create humbuckers, but, perhaps I am mistaken about that.

In any event, I think that those are different guitars.

– Ric12string

The coils dont need to be next to each other to be humbucking or humcancelling. Have you rewired your G-IV to cancel the hum cancel? btw.. I took the info from Dipinto on those G II's understanding it to be a genesis from this G II to the G IV w Chris stating that the year he was at NAMM with the new separated 4 pkups and vibrato that people were rolling their eyes. That was of course until Los Straitjackets made the model legit.

I loved the Raybeats, thanks for reminding me about them.

@Tavo... Found this picture for you

I won a Daddy-O Grande mask from that issue of Vintage Guitar with LS on the cover. Got it signed at a show in Bethlehem, PA. (I haven't worn it though.)

If I recall, that article in VG had a story from one of the guys - Danny Amis I think - stating that when he took an aptitude test in school they told him he was not musically-inclined.

Jeff H that is interesting as a kid they had us take a class with these I think they called them saxette or recorders. This was supposed to determine if we had any musical talent and just like your story they said I had none and my parents would be wasting time and money in having me pursue learning an instrument HAAAA! I guess I fooled them!

Register Sign in to join the conversation