Other Guitars

The Dead Strat

I was touring an office my company will be moving to a few days ago. One of the offices had a few guitars in stands, including this Strat with signatures by Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Phil Lesh. There are other signatures I can't make out. I'm not a big fan of Strats with humbuckers, but thought this was kinda cool.

Looks to me like the 4th signature (right below the jackplate) is Bill Kreutzmann, the original drummer for the Dead, so you have all the surviving members.

Don't see no humbuckers in evidence, though!

...maybe the humbuckers are in the strat to the left????

Interesting that someone keeps such instruments at work. Probably makes for fun lunch breaks.

Yeah, I mixed up the two guitars. The blue Strat has a humbucker in the bridge position.

There was also an Epi Les Paul Junior and a couple of Epi acoustic guitars. All had signatures on them.

Curious office decor. I've seen plenty of single guitars in offices over the years, even a cocktail drum set (belongs to my lawyer), but never a collection such as that. In a general sense, what business were the former occupants in? Artist representation, maybe?

I thought this title sounded like a murder mystery / who dunnit! Better get back to my Perry Mason reruns...

Register Sign in to join the conversation