Other Guitars

Teye Coyote guitars… any experience?

Anyone have any experience with these??

Wow!!!

No, but mega cool!

K

This is their Coyote model, an introductory level guitar from what I can tell. They offer a Super Coyote with more engraving on the plates. Each has a "mood" pot which is rumored to be really cool and offer tons of tones. The higher-end Shipwreck model and their new uber-cool Jazz Cat is what I'm really intrigued with, but at $6500 I will have to admire that from afar.

But I have my eye on one of these Coyote's... thinking it would give me an idea of the feel and function of the brand. The fretboards are 1.75", so wider than most. Anyway, I'm looking for input on this model.

At long last, something for everyone who thinks a White Falcon isn't flashy enough!

Aesthetically it’s seems like the love-child of a Zemantis and a Bigsby guitar.

I'd sure love to play one. Explanation of the electronics seem like a late 70's coil tap variation, probably updated, with tons of tone possibilities. Beautiful Guitars.

Gorgeous! Way beyond my pay scale, tho.

The Coyote model can be had used for South of $2k... and, they make them in blue!

Aesthetically it’s seems like the love-child of a Zemantis and a Bigsby guitar.

– kc_eddie_b

Exactly.

Currently wondering if you could sneak a Bigsby in there... the jack might be to close.

Those Postal designs are only intriguing to me in that they can be one-of-kind... otherwise they lean too far into the home-made mish-mash of stray parts aesthetic. The electronics seem to be pretty vanilla too, which as long as the sound great doesn’t matter of course.

Speaking of this genre of guitar aesthetic... just checking out the current Zemaitis offerings. Some of the metal top models are pretty affordable at $1200-1400.

Man, how subjective is taste?

None of these move my needle at ALL.

I'm enjoying this thread, had not seen the PostalGuitars.com. I've always liked worn, played looking old Guitars, (spent my childhood literally digging up antiques) gotta be careful not to go too far with the process though IMO.

Here's one of the recent Zemaitis models... very cool!

Well, OK. I like that. It represents a much more thoroughgoing commitment to the concept.

Interesting. Turns out Zemaitis is now a brand owned by Konda Shokai - who are Gretsch's partner and distributor in Japan, and who also maintain the old Greco brand, infamous and beloved for Gretsch clones in the 70s/80s.

The guitars are more reasonably priced than one might fear from a look at the metalwork. Not clear where they're built, but I'm guessing either Japan (or outsourcing to Korea).

AND nearly EVERYTHING in the line - but for some all-wood models - are marked as CLOSEOUT on the website. I see Andy Babiuk's store is selling them on Reverb.

Hmm, I say. Hmm.

The Postal guitars have been prominent on Reverb for quite some time. I too am left with the impression they are cobbled together using less than high grade parts.

The Postal guitars have been prominent on Reverb for quite some time. I too am left with the impression they are cobbled together using less than high grade parts.

– razzer10_4

the whole postal ethos is to use recycled parts like old door escuteons and the like. I like that stuff. Stay tuned for my new telecaster for something of the sort.

Well... I didn't get an overwhelming response to my inquiry on these Teye Coyote models... so I took that as a "nobody said anything bad", and went ahead and pulled the trigger. It just showed up... so nothing to report yet, other than the 1.75" wide nut is legit. I'll get her cleaned up (there's play wear and finger goo) and set-up and will report back soon! Gotta love the blue (subtle flame)!

Congrats. That guitar ain’t subtle.

Register Sign in to join the conversation