Other Guitars

Telecaster from 200 year old red spruce

it looks and sounds great! For me the coolest part is that it's from your family home. Total heirloom!

I've played Danman's mahogany Tele and he did a great job. As did you on that beautiful recording.

When I converted a 1960 Annie to 6120 specs, I made the trestles from the original pine floorboards that had been in my parent's bathroom. Their house was built in 1909 so I was delighted to be able to use wood that was part of my upbringing and actually older than the guitar I was working on.

It was so dry and seasoned that both trestles weighed in at about 100g.

I use both channels blended all the time, and sometimes I use it with a Sole-Mate reverb, and run the dry output into channel 1, and the wet output into channel 2. I love Reverberockets too, maybe yours just needs a good going through:) My Mercury really is in good condition...

Here's what it sounds like with a few pedals...

https://soundcloud.com/dani...

– Daniel Weldon

Sounds great. It's got that smokey thing going on that these amps do so well. Great trem too.

Sounds great. It's got that smokey thing going on that these amps do so well. Great trem too.

– Journeyman

Yeah I love the trem on old Ampegs, and I hope you get your Reverberocket dialed because I think they have some of the best amp reverb I've ever heard! I bet that 200 year old wood Tele will sound great through that!

Register Sign in to join the conversation