Other Guitars

Tele meets ES-295

I saw that, interesting to say the least.

Flamed maple top?... Hmmm bit of a waste..

And only a Licensed Bigsby..

Tele's should not have F holes. I always hated that "thinline" look. But everything else looks cool. Not almost-4-grand-cool, but still, I love that gold & P90 combo.

– jaycemumford

– jaycemumford

I thought the same. Plain old maple would have worked fine under that solid color.

well, if you like that sort of thing, then that's the sort of thing you will like.

I like that better then the gretsch ones I've seen... but still

I am very sorry,, But I Aint likin' it one bit.. Does not seem to be right. and that price is a deal breaker. Like a Midget walking down the strip with a really hot full size woman,,, Weird,,, :|

doesn't hang together for me.

Ahhhh, I just don't know. I like Tele Thinlines (after all I have a '69 Reissue Tele Thinline), but, I just can't seem to get into Teles with P90s.

It's not working for me, that's for sure. the f-hole doesn't span to the waist of the guiar, and is too close to the side - that always makes me not like a guitar (kinda reminds me of those g&l guitars where the f-hole is so small and in a very graphically unbalanced place on the lower bout-- blech!).

And the color...

yeah... not for me.

I have a 72 LP Custom (Black) with a flamed maple top. It's probably more of a bragging right than anything. You can get flamed woods pretty cheap if they have flaws such as discoloration.
It has an interesting blend of features. Recessed Dog Ears are something I don't think I've seen before. There is someone out there for every guitar. In the end, the sound that comes out of it & how it feels in the hands is more important than how it looks. Someone will love it.

It's unusual that it would be on eBay so fast (just completed 4/13/12). Since Melancon is hand built to order, someone must have ordered it, and either didn't like it or needed to sell. The person listing it on eBay is not the Melancon dealer who sold it.

– jaycemumford

I thought the same. Plain old maple would have worked fine under that solid color.

– drmilktruck

– jaycemumford

– drmilktruck

Hmmm..

Really defeats the purpose, also nothing against Licensed Bigsby (they work good too) but why not spring for the real Magilla sandcast..

The flamed maple top is likely a defect piece. I agree, I don't know why you wouldn't spring for a top of the line Bigsby on a guitar of that price range. Probably not the builders choice.

It's unusual that it would be on eBay so fast (just completed 4/13/12). Since Melancon is hand built to order, someone must have ordered it, and either didn't like it or needed to sell. The person listing it on eBay is not the Melancon dealer who sold it.

– drmilktruck

– drmilktruck

I was thinking fraudulent post or counterfeit.....

That's an awful lot of work for a counterfeit & the Seller has almost 800 reviews @ 100% pos feedback.

Register Sign in to join the conversation