Other Guitars

talk me outta this please

This LP Jr, to me the mods make it better although that weird anchor tailpiece might have to be replaced with somethng more normal -- not that 80s hair metal locking whatever it is.

But as you know anything under 24" scale is eatin' on me.

But nitpick away so I am talked out of it.

https://reverb.com/item/289...

oh, no. stop, please.

That work?

You've come to the wrong town for discouragement!

Just buy it, already . . .

OK, if you wish...

Gibsons effing suck.

How's that? Convincing?

didn't think so.

Well if that hacked Duo Sonic and the Martin D Jr sell... they are close, I think I will probably put in an offer.

Do you really expect this den of rabid enablers would actually try to talk you out of buying a guitar?

Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

It'll make your butt look bigger.

I was gonna type up a cost vs rarity argument but I gave up. Just buy it already. LOL

If you do buy it you may want to leave that TPS finetune tailpiece on it. At least give it a chance! I swapped out mine on my L5s and the tone thinned out it in a way I didn't like, so like I said, give it a chance...

Ok that's what it is -- it might have some advantages

Well......it's the least expensive 3/4 Junior of the 6 I looked at. I agree the TP-6/ Tune-o-matic combination looks a little squirrely,but you can see where somebody doweled the holes for the wraparound-- that means they can be un-doweled and another wraparound installed. And TP-6's are pretty pricey, so selling it can recover some of the cost of " bringing it all back home".

Now tell the truth. You didn't REALLY expect us to try and talk you out of it, did you?

Easy....it's a Gibson, not a Gretsch and last time I checked this was suppose to be a Gretsch website.

When I form my next (and first) Band, it will be called the Rabid Enablers. Lordy, I do so love that name!

When I form my next (and first) Band, it will be called the Rabid Enablers. Lordy, I do so love that name!

– Olivia Anne

You have my permission, OA.

You have my permission, OA.

– wabash slim

Glad we got the "entitlements" resolved, too. The Backing Singers now are known as the "Entitlements."

I think I would keep it as a 2 piece thing, except maybe replace the TP-6 which was a new thing to me. Super narrow neck tho.

But thanks for the advice... btw my $1200 check just showed up today tho

You could buy a Rambler for less than that...

Glad we got the "entitlements" resolved, too. The Backing Singers now are known as the "Entitlements."

– Olivia Anne

Seems fitting. As a lawyer, you know all about the legal aspects of entitlements. Gotta dot the Is and cross the Ts.

I'm a guy who always says "you can never have too many guitars." So.... you can never have too many guitars!

You don’t deserve to have that much fun.

Register Sign in to join the conversation