Other Guitars

Suns bursting everywhere!!!

1983 Les Paul Standard with factory Kahler and Tim Shaw humbuckers (now THIS is a clownburst)

Epiphone Les Paul Tak Matsumoto The finish is called Takburst. It's a little more smoky looking.

1965 Harmony H-14... aka Silhouette ...aka Bobkat. And a Harmony H303A amp. This was my first electric guitar and amp setup....except this isn't the original amp.

January, 1964. First run of Rose Morris Rickenbackers. Damned near like brand new. I bought it with a similarly barely used '64 Vox AC30 that's been my main/only amp for a decade.

My trusty '62 Guild Manhattan

Wow. That relicing really holds up!

Repost of the lost pic from post #4 just because I wanted it to stay in this great collection.

Here's my sweetheart 2012 Les Paul Studio Limited Robo Rehab project. Just swapped out the auto tuners for some proper Grover Tulips. It's much happier.

Gotta a P90 neck, Burstbuster 3 on bridge. Love the configuration. Gonna live with them for a while then decide if they need any upgrades.

Jury is still out on the Gibby "Chameleon Tone" circuit gizmo. There is a piezo built into bridge that can be blended in that might be worth keeping. But if I end up switching out a pick ups I'll probably replace the circuit with something more normal.

January, 1964. First run of Rose Morris Rickenbackers. Damned near like brand new. I bought it with a similarly barely used '64 Vox AC30 that's been my main/only amp for a decade.

– Afire

WOW !!

My 2015 Ric 360/6 Fireglo

– Afire

Nice.

Ooops, forgot to post this thing that arrived late January. Used to be a 6124 back in '64

Serial # 73817

And this is my 1965 Gibson ES 175 in cherry burst.

Gibson LP Deluxe, 1974

I originally put it in the Wine thread, but it's clearly a burst. Maybe I'll remove it from there.

– Proteus

I think these are classics in their own way. How would you compare the tone of the mini humbuckers to full sized? The only one I have seen up close and personal had a three piece cap. How about yours?

Register Sign in to join the conversation