Other Guitars

Stratotone H44

I had this one in the shop and couldn’t believe how wicked cool it is. One piece poplar body.

– Curt Wilson

Mikey and Dean! They deliver the goods.

Here's mine. VERY similar at a fraction of the price. I wanted that Stratotone thing, but couldn't pay the ticket. This is a '55 Rex, which I believe was distributed by Gretsch. Probably made by Kay.

Here's mine. VERY similar at a fraction of the price. I wanted that Stratotone thing, but couldn't pay the ticket. This is a '55 Rex, which I believe was distributed by Gretsch. Probably made by Kay.

– charlie chitlins

Nice! Is this one a one piece or is it a bolt on neck? I heard they sound very different, right?

It's a neck-through with glued on "wings" like the H44. This is the closest I've seen to it, but still not exact...

Love mine. My H44 is blue which is unusual I think but if it was refinished it was refinished a long time ago.

Love mine. My H44 is blue which is unusual I think but if it was refinished it was refinished a long time ago.

– tabletop

Wow! Beautiful

I just got back from a rehearsal and I can’t put my H44 away. I tried my Es125 on a song with the band and went back with the H44 in a minute... it sounds huge!

Totally know what you mean!

And now I realize mine is from the Aldens catalogues. Some say it’s a rare finish but I don’t care. This guitar has something, a voodoo, the mojo, the mud, the flood, I don’t know... it’s awesome

Register Sign in to join the conversation