Other Guitars

Stratotone H44

Anyone with me on this one? I just got a 54’ and, OMG, what a huge sound! I’m in love again and again. Can’t stop playing this little beast...

I have wanted one for awhile, it just never moved to the top of the "buy next" list.

Great old-school jump blues tones out of those

They are crazy cool and I’m going to start making something similar this summer.

Congrats. It's got a fat back?

Love it! I have one that was messed up a bit when I found it. I refinished it and installed a non-adjustable rod under the fretboard to keep the neck straight. I have a brass bridge on mine, because I like the sound, and put a P90 in the bridge....didn't need to as the neck pickup is pretty awesome alone, but this was all before they became an expensive find!

Been keeping an eye out for one of those myself

Very nice. Are they hollow like the later ones?

Very nice. Are they hollow like the later ones?

– eCastro

solid/neck through

What's the switch for on a single pickup guitar? Mud?

What's the switch for on a single pickup guitar? Mud?

– wabash slim

It’s a very mild hi cut on mine. Pretty cool

I have wanted one for awhile, it just never moved to the top of the "buy next" list.

Great old-school jump blues tones out of those

– ruger9

Dan Dunham makes one from the states, so impressive that Junior Watson uses one.

Congrats. It's got a fat back?

– Stefan

Incredible big fat neck that, I think, has a lot to do with the sound. Somehow still easy to play...

Love the size n colour too, .. and your black cat

It’s a very mild hi cut on mine. Pretty cool

– João Erbetta

It works with the tone control. You can roll the tone down or off and bypass the tone with the switch. Can be very drastic if you want it to be.

It works with the tone control. You can roll the tone down or off and bypass the tone with the switch. Can be very drastic if you want it to be.

– hilosean

I did use the tone control on a gig last Friday and loved it. I didn’t know about the interaction between the switch and and the tone. It makes totally sense. Thanks for the tip!

They are crazy cool and I’m going to start making something similar this summer.

– Curt Wilson

Wow! Keep us posted, please

Clips Joaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoao...CLIPS!

Love the size n colour too, .. and your black cat

– eCastro

RIP Tom, the coolest cat ever...

:)

Clips Joaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoao...CLIPS!

– Strummerson

I´ll work on it!

That little guitar better get used to being a busy bee again. Liking the Goldfinger finish too. When it comes down to playing it right, nobody does it Erbetta.

I had this one in the shop and couldn’t believe how wicked cool it is. One piece poplar body.

Damn. This thread has re-ignited my GAS for one of these!!

Damn. This thread has re-ignited my GAS for one of these!!

– ruger9

Sorry about that... ;)

Register Sign in to join the conversation