Other Guitars

Squier Paranormal Carbonita Tele

That’s a mouthful.

Do you like this?

Ok, so it's P 90s on a Thinline Tele....

I am not sure where Fender is going with all these out-there designations.... Paranormal, Alternate Reality, Vintera is a bit more customary... but they gotta keep moving the firewood anyway they can.

As far as all of this mixing features previously associated with other brands, it's just the logical progression of events in the tweaky guitar world. So I'm ok with it --don't covet any of that stuff tho.

Paranormal is a weird name for a guitar series but I suppose they mean they are combining things normally not on Fender guitars.

Actually those are Jazzmaster pickups although from a distance they look similar to P90s. I do love Jazzmaster pickups tho.

So now we have pickups disguised to appear as other pickups-- well that's The Modern World at work.

I don't think it's a disguise; Jazzmaster pickups have always looked like that.

– Otter

True. You can tell from the screw placement and the covers that they are JM pickups.

I actually tried one of these a few months ago. It was okay. Not bad but I didn’t click with it so much.

I quite like it, though it would be complete, in my eyes, if it had a Jazzmaster/Jaguar vibrato and not as a hardtail. And, any color but red.

Yippee! Another Squire, all dolled up, just in time for the holidays! I used to think that the Squire line of guitars were just a pile of cheap shmit, but with so many musicians actually using them to gig with and personally examining a few of them close up, I've changed my mind. They are what they are, inexpensive instruments, but they seem to have very 'good bones', and are are a great platform for upgrade modifications.

What really made my spider senses tingle, is that there are professional musicians actually using stock un-modified Squires for concerts. Go figure....playing a hundred dollar guitar through thousands of dollars of amplifiers, effects, and PA equipment. It really speaks to the basic quality of these budget priced guitars.

Yippee! Another Squire, all dolled up, just in time for the holidays! I used to think that the Squire line of guitars were just a pile of cheap shmit, but with so many musicians actually using them to gig with and personally examining a few of them close up, I've changed my mind. They are what they are, inexpensive instruments, but they seem to have very 'good bones', and are are a great platform for upgrade modifications.

What really made my spider senses tingle, is that there are professional musicians actually using stock un-modified Squires for concerts. Go figure....playing a hundred dollar guitar through thousands of dollars of amplifiers, effects, and PA equipment. It really speaks to the basic quality of these budget priced guitars.

– Wade H

Remember this guy? I mean the guy on the left sitting down. He was a Squier player but back in the 80s before there were countless variations like now. His must have been Squier Japan which are highly respected to this day.

Pretty much everything Squier has done in the last ten years has been a home run

I like it...... crazy phantom arm video and all!

Pretty much everything Squier has done in the last ten years has been a home run

– Otter

I think it goes way back to the Vista Series and Fender letting Joe C have the reigns.

Actually it sounds very good but that guy always gets the best out of all guitars.

Here is a picture of Elliot Easton's Tele. It was originally Fiesta Red and can be seen in the "Magic" video and using it at Live Aid with The Cars. He later had that very cool paint job done and the Jazzmaster pickup added to the neck position. I wouldn't find a pic cithout the "water mark" on it -

Yeah Elliott always used to say the best Tele neck pickup was a Jazzmaster pickup.

– Otter

They're P90's under JM covers like in the Squier J Mascis. Steel screw poles and bar magnets under the coil.

I made the mistake of grabbing one of these off the wall at a music store...and now I want one. They almost have to be more hollowed out than most traditional thinlines - it was crazy light, almost like a Danelectro.

True. You can tell from the screw placement and the covers that they are JM pickups.

– ThePolecats

At closer look you are right -- still aren't there Fenders w/ Gretsch or TV Trons -- all this mixing of designs in body styles and features.

I made the mistake of grabbing one of these off the wall at a music store...and now I want one. They almost have to be more hollowed out than most traditional thinlines

OK, I'll get one.

I'm a reds fan...but not that red. I know it's Fender Fiesta, but it looks like bloodmilkpeptodismalmatersoupyuck.

The bari version just barily qualifie sat 27"...but it's harmless classic black, and could be tuned bari OR standard.

And they're so cheap. How can a feller long resist?

At closer look you are right -- still aren't there Fenders w/ Gretsch or TV Trons -- all this mixing of designs in body styles and features.

– DCBirdMan

Actually you are right. Walter noticed there are screws like P90s. So they are P90s as you thought just they look like JM pickups.

Tim, they come in cream-ish white with black trim too, looks great.

Yes, I've seen that. Much better for sure.

Far as I'm concerned that p/u selector is too far away -- shoulda been in front... but it's Paranormal.... wooooooo

Color scheme is a matter of opinion but I will say even tho the vids do a decent job of showing the color, in person the red one looks better and a bit sharp too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation