Other Guitars

Sometimes this is attractive to me…sometimes it’s grotesque.

I want to love it but a little less charring would have gone a long way.

Well at least the price isn't over the top, so you won't get burned on it.

Not a hard decision here --but is unfairly handicapped by The Blight of a Rosewood Neck. Even w/ a maple neck -- a tough one to love.

Oh my goodness, it looks like a chunk of an old burned barn door. That big knothole is kind of cool, I can see both your attraction and revulsion to this hunk of wood, Proteus. It's priced right, for a cool addition to the stable. The more I look at it, the more I think I like it!

Comes with an owners manual.

I think it looks awsome!

Didn't David Byrne play a Telecaster in the Talking Heads video "Burning Down the House"?

What ever happened to it?

Hmmm...

Burned wood can make an attractive presentation, I think that a light sanding of the high ridges "might" do wonders for it? I believe the highlights would help.

well, if you like that sort ot thing, then that's the sort of thing you're going to like. for me, beyond the aesthetic "uh, no" i can't imagine that you could play it in a long-sleeved shirt without snagging and dragging. i might like it a bit better if the body wasn't so scalloped, but probably not.

I vote grotesque. Then again, I know that most oftenmy taste does not match the majority's.

Does it come with black leather pants and eyeliner or no?

Should've let it burn the rest of the way.

Tough crowd. I agree with RCgold that smoothing the ridges out would help. Further, if it was one piece and the knot in an unobstructed spot, it would look more aesthetically pleasing.

Pine bodied Tele -Yes. Distressed............sure, ok. Good guts.............cool.

But sorry, this looks like it came from the furniture aisle at Cost Plus or Pier 1

It would have to be REALLY good to be better than none at all.

If the hardware was patina’d or even rusty it would look much cooler.

Grotesque. Too dark and bumpy-looking. A lighter piney-wood telecaster might be cool.

Maybe it looks better in person?

Maybe it looks better in person?

– AndyJ

TWSS.

TWSS.

– macphisto

Exactly!

I like it. The twang's the thang, although I doubt whether Leo would have approved. I'd like pine bodies on a few of my Teles, for sure, but no blowlamps involved..

I think a Fender Mustang was his earlier guitar, followed by a Strat.

Register Sign in to join the conversation