Other Guitars

Schwinng for a Tele!!!

I'm a Tele guy from , well, my first guitar. I had to drop my wife off at the airport in Atlantic City, and on the way home I stopped into Guitar Center near there, just to see what, if anything, would be different with the stock they had. It was all the same for the most part, but then I came across this:

I think it's called California Sunset Orange!

Anyone play one before? I thought it sounded Spanky & all around great, if not a bit heavy for a Tele.

Did you buy it, John? ;-) I didn't recognize the model.. did some searching and it looks like it was a GC exclusive model. I like it!

Me likey! Any bacon grease on the frets?:D

They have one here in Mobile at the GC. I was told, by the cat working there, that they are a G C item only. I looked all over the net and couldn't find one.

I'm a Tele guy from , well, my first guitar. I had to drop my wife off at the airport in Atlantic City, and on the way home I stopped into Guitar Center near there, just to see what, if anything, would be different with the stock they had. It was all the same for the most part, but then I came across this:

Anyone play one before? I thought it sounded Spanky & all around great, if not a bit heavy for a Tele.

– crowbone

– crowbone

I love it. You'd definitely stand out on stage with that unique Tele..

Congrats, John! Sweet lookin' Tele. Just somethin' bout Teles - they take a hold of ya and never let go. 8-)

Congrats, John! Sweet lookin' Tele. Just somethin' bout Teles - they take a hold of ya and never let go. 8-)

I didn't get it! I want to get it, but I spent all my guitar money on bacon.

One of my good friends just got one...its really nice...i got to play it straigth through a deluxe reverb and I really like the clean sounds. The neck was a bit small for my taste but really fast. I think its a great deal.

Jeez, I thought my '62 RI had calmed my tele gas, but there's always something!

Beckula, I only played it clean and low and I was falling for it.

The coolest Tele i've ever seen is Tavo's Rutters Tele... Holy crap!

I played a Trussart steelcaster at CME that knocked me out. One of the most impressive instruments I've ever handled. And sounded incredible, especially through a Victoria.

Not sure I'd want a tele with P90s. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud about body/pup combos. Someone around here (and the other forum) posted at length about a project of putting Lace Alumitones in a GreTscH. Don't think he ever followed through though. Regardless, not my thing at all.

Strumm, did it knock you out cause its made of steel? and heavy?...

boom tish :P

I played one at the local GC a few days ago. It was a solid (heavy) guitar but sounded great, and played well.

However I'm not a huge tele fan so I couldn't compare it to other tele models.

The Thomann one does not have a bound body though... and it really makes an aesthetic difference - I love the one Crowbone posted.

The Thomann one does not have a bound body though... and it really makes an aesthetic difference - I love the one Crowbone posted.

Hard to tell by the only pic but it has a bound body. Here's the same guitar - another dealer.

http://www.musicstore.de/de...

Jim Adkins Tele

I played this one a while back and really liked it. I could deal without the F hole, but the rest was killer. Set neck and P90s, can't go wrong.

I do like the one in the OP, but the pickguard is a little huge for my liking.

Yeah, this is sort of like an Adkins tele, Ripley, but half the cost.

Wow, I like it! And I love Teles with P90s. There is something about that combination that just works for me. And that's why I built mine......8-)

Sweet lookin' Tele, Danman! 8-)

Register Sign in to join the conversation