Other Guitars

Ric 12 string, Thinking of finding a new home for…

Hay Guys, I’m just putting this up for feelers on what to expect. I bought this guitar 11 years ago, and never play it. I may have used it a total of 2 hrs in the eleven years I’ve owned it. It was a dream guitar that I picked up on a whim, and never found a good use for it in my playing, or bonded with it. What do you guys think about it?

I think that looks like a nice catch for someone...and, I just asked my wife to hide our checkbook and credit cards from me.

Is that the 360/12V64 model?

– Ric12string

No, it’s the 360/12c63. I’m not sure what the differences are in the two models. I know this has a stereo output jack plate, but doesn’t say Ric-O-Sound anywhere....I really like the neck on it. I wished it was a six string version with that neck.....

Beautiful guitar Matt!

These C63's have different bracing and a slightly different body shape ,the headstock is a different shape too as is the name plate.

Have a look above,C63 is the lighter coloured geet.

I got a six string Ric we could swap

Which one, Crowbone?

– Matt Vogt

This one.

I have a ‘67 335 in maple glow....so I think I’ll have to pass. But thanks for the offer....

I got it new and hardly ever played it out because I'm usually rough on my guitars and didn't want this to get messed up at all.

I have a ‘67 335 in maple glow....so I think I’ll have to pass. But thanks for the offer....

– Matt Vogt

No problem.

– Matt Vogt

If you are looking to work out a trade, what sort of thing(s) are you looking for?

I’m not sure if I’m looking for a trade or not to be honest. I picked up a duojet this week, and promised my wife to let another guitar go. but I suppose I could be talked into a trade for a Fender 5e3 ‘57 Deluxe reissue....

Matt, dream guitar or not - if you haven't bonded to the frigid extent that you've played the guitar 2 hours in 11 years, I think you know the answer.

It may be a dream guitar (which reminds me of that poster with an impossibly-equipped and made up babe on it, and the caption "somewhere, someone is sick of her crap") - and it may briefly have been your dream. But you've eventually realized that in this case the wanting was better than the having.

Accept that the value in ownership was in your long dream of owning it, then the pride and sense of accomplishment in having it in your possession - and now the realization that it wasn't your dream after all.

It may be someone else's real dream. To you, it's just idle money in a case, waiting to be redeemed for something that might fit you better.

well said, mr. proteus. we've all been intrigued/seduced by various six-string hotties that once acquired, all of sudden it's like ahh this ain't so great after all...

I admire Rickenbackers from afar-- the traditional tiny frets/narrow neck models. The not-your-father's-Ricks like my 650s etc are a breed apart -- a different guitar that happens to have Rickenbacker name plate.

No, it’s the 360/12c63. I’m not sure what the differences are in the two models.

Man, you've got the George Harrison model. Really shocking that someone would want to rid themselves of that one.

When I saw the headlines, I thought maybe a blizzard had hit Truckee and left Bob homeless. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

When I saw the headlines, I thought maybe a blizzard had hit Truckee and left Bob homeless. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

– Don Birchett

Ha! We did get lots of snow this week and we had a blizzard warning. But, I'm not homeless ... yet.

– Don Birchett

Lol! I didn’t even notice that till just reading your post.......

Just outta curiosity how high is the bridge off the body?

Just outta curiosity how high is the bridge off the body?

– captainvideo

I cant get to the saddles to see the hight from there without taking it apart, The bridge cover sits at 1” above the wood(not the medal base)and 3/4” to the top of the bridge. The saddles are in between 3/4” and 1”. Hope that helps

Wow,

What a beauty!

I was afraid for a second that it was your precious Ric 12 you always bring to the Roundups! ?

Your's is a keeper!

Your Ric #2 looks absolutely beautiful too ,,

I saw (The above) * at The World Guitar Show last week in San Rafael and it was one of the hardest things to turn down ,, but, I'm Drowning in Guitars" - Lol!

A 1988 Ric 12, that I almost sprung for, but ,,

Believe me, it was hard to say, NO! ,,

Register Sign in to join the conversation