Other Guitars

Please excuse another thread about this but

Well deserved Curt! I'm more and more disappointed that I missed their Philly show. I hadn't heard anything about it until learning here on another post.

The guitar looks and sounds great!

I'm really digging the new Bash & Pop CD! I wonder if it's a record for longest time between debut and sophomore releases? It was about 22 years or so.

Tommy Stinson was the bass player for The Replacements as a teenager.

– Jeff H

They'll be back the new record is getting a lot of play.

It's got a lot of Stones and Faces elements and ain't no Yani...

Congrats, must be very validating for all your hard work.

– drmilktruck

Thanks but more vindication than anything.

Congrats, Kurt! So glad you are getting the validation/recognition/ acknowledgement you deserve!

Here's young Tommy on bass. That's big half-brother Bob Stinson on lead. Pretty sure I was at this show at the Entry (with a fake id that said I was 24 when I was maybe...MAYBE fifteen (Tommy is about the same age as me, maybe a year older, we were at school together for about a year and a half). Replacements shows often ended in an abortive fisticuffs between Paul and Bob. And never just an act. They pissed one another off royally. But Paul was such a great songwriter. And he LOVED Bob's guitar playing. In the liner notes to Sorry Ma Forgot to Take out the Trash, their first album, Paul writes to one tune that "Bob's lead is hotter than a urinary infection". Another little bit of trivia, Bob always said his favorite guitar player was Prince. All the Minneapolis punks, which includes me I guess, were pretty in awe of Prince.

Enjoy, sample, attractive....

Doood, you're sounding stiff!!

– Curt Wilson

No. Actually, trying to be gentle. But, yes, I do live in a slightly more formal world.

No. Actually, trying to be gentle. But, yes, I do live in a slightly more formal world.

– Ric12string

Pity...

It's all good, just make sure you get EXTRA starch around the collar...

Here's young Tommy on bass. That's big half-brother Bob Stinson on lead. Pretty sure I was at this show at the Entry (with a fake id that said I was 24 when I was maybe...MAYBE fifteen (Tommy is about the same age as me, maybe a year older, we were at school together for about a year and a half). Replacements shows often ended in an abortive fisticuffs between Paul and Bob. And never just an act. They pissed one another off royally. But Paul was such a great songwriter. And he LOVED Bob's guitar playing. In the liner notes to Sorry Ma Forgot to Take out the Trash, their first album, Paul writes to one tune that "Bob's lead is hotter than a urinary infection". Another little bit of trivia, Bob always said his favorite guitar player was Prince. All the Minneapolis punks, which includes me I guess, were pretty in awe of Prince.

– Strummerson

Bob was a natural, check out what GE Smith says about the time they were banned from NBC & SNL.

Awesome man!

Pity...

It's all good, just make sure you get EXTRA starch around the collar...

– Curt Wilson

Always, my friend. Always.

– Ric12string

I think I reside there as well.

Nice!!! and Cool beans!!!

I think I reside there as well.

– Don Birchett

Yes, you do as well, your Honor.

Excellent Curt! Nice work. And damn that purple corvette is amazing!

Register Sign in to join the conversation