Other Guitars

Paul’s 50s blackguard Tele

I can't believe I haven't seen this photo before now! Clearly a young Paul Yandell with his (note the PY initials in the guard) early Tele. The coolest part is that it has the rarely seen fixed-arm Bigsby B16. Cool guy, cool guitar, cool Bigsby!

In 1974 I bought a fixed arm Bigsby 1953 Telecaster straight outta Nashville for $600. Actually, I don't wish I still had it.

Paul added his. Billy Byrd told him how to contact Bigsby It's in The Book He was playing local radio at the time

In 1974 I bought a fixed arm Bigsby 1953 Telecaster straight outta Nashville for $600. Actually, I don't wish I still had it.

– DCBirdMan

I have a 50’s fixed arm B3 . I love Bigsbys but fixed arm models are virtually useless for me

I recognized this picture right away though I probably just saw it on the Internet at some point. Thought it was cool he was playing a tele but, given the choices at the time, it's not a big surprise. Love Paul Yandell and have learned a couple of his fingerstyle arrangements. He's great on the Louvin Brothers stuff too.

Don't like the fixed arm personally and don't really dig the B16 either. Better off just letting a tele be a tele.

Oops ! Sorry guys ! I posted this and failed to realize that it sounded like I was interested in moving my fixed arm B3 along. It came with my 55 Jet and I think they should stay together for the time being. My apologies to those who were interested in it and sorry if I derailed this thread in any way.

Register Sign in to join the conversation