Other Guitars

one of those Greco Roc Jets

Just seen that one of those Greco Roc Jets has popped up on Reverb. They look quite good. Link

Setting aside the morality (?) of replica guitars, Greco, like Tokai, Burny and Ibanez, made some damn good instruments.

How many names we know came from same factory -- wondering if differnt names from same place were all equal or if they had different levels of builds going on.

Greco T Bird basses totally rock...

Greco made better copies of 1950s Gretsches in the 1980s than Gretsch did in the 1990s.

The lower bouts are too large to look like a Gretsch.

Isn't that a bit steep, for a Greco? Are their copies really that good or even sought after?

Isn't that a bit steep, for a Greco? Are their copies really that good or even sought after?

– Suprdave

There's a penis museum in Reykjavik.

In other words...There's a collector for everything.

– Suprdave

They're sky high around here too. TBH the quality is over the top. I wouldn't pay what they're going for at this time, but the one Greco I had was superb as most stuff I've seen come out of FujiGen is.

I’d have to stick a real Bigsby on there. That knock-off just cheapens the overall aesthetic for me!

Just noticed that it ships from Makaskar, Croatia. That is a beautiful part of the world. It is known in Croatia as the "Makaskar rivijera" as it is so picturesque. The Adriatic is so clear and blue there.

No comment on the guitar, sorry. Just seeing Makaskar brought back all sorts of memories - the last time I was there was in '93, during the Balkan war, and even then it was beautiful.

Register Sign in to join the conversation