Other Guitars

Oh, Kent!

It seems my youngest son, Lazarus, is hooked on quirky Japanese, Russian, and generally guitars that are a bit strange, but cool.

Well last night he was excited to show me this one, made by Kent in 1967, or was it made by Tiesco with a Kent label put on it?

Point is, he digs it, it actually plays decently, and it sounds like no other guitar in his collection.

Bravo, Laz.

My 1st guitar was a Kent. Similar to Laz's but only 2 pickups. My first (and only) gig with it was a 5th Grade concert.

4 years later I traded it for a unicycle.

Kent guitars were American market Guyatones. Notice the similarity between the headstock logos.

Anything with 4 pickups is GREAT

Kent's were made by both Guyatone and Teisco, according to this anyway.

My first guitar was a Winston, probably Teisco also.

I've wanted one of those since I found this RL Burnside video:

Not the exact same, but definitely from the same family.

It needs more knobs/switches.

Very cool!

How'd that work out for ya? ;)

Pretty interesting origins there. Thanks for the info.

How'd that work out for ya? ;)

Pretty interesting origins there. Thanks for the info.

– crowbone

Well, it was seven years later when Ray bought me an Applause ( not quite an Ovation ) that followed me through my Army years and was used as chick bait, with great success.

My first guitar was a 2 pickup stray shaped Kent with a Magnatone Starlet amp.

The bridge is designed for a wound G, and is currently mounted backwards.

The bridge is designed for a wound G, and is currently mounted backwards.

– chrisp2

I'll tell him.

Thanks.

Funny that you mention, "Kent", cause I got one last week and put up tow You tube videos yesterday :)

If I EVER come across a Teisco T-60 "monkey grip" guitar, I don't care if I have to take a bank loan, I'ma gettin it!!!....it's the early, broke, Glen Campbell guitar...

If I EVER come across a Teisco T-60 "monkey grip" guitar, I don't care if I have to take a bank loan, I'ma gettin it!!!....it's the early, broke, Glen Campbell guitar...

– Parralax View

Pic!

If I see one, I'll let you know.

Register Sign in to join the conversation