Other Guitars

Oddball guitar incoming.. Guttlin Baronet!

Nick said: Close enough, Dan. He built it in less than two weeks! I got constant photo updates of the process which was a nice touch.

Wow, that's still pretty damn fast! Enjoy it!

Cool, lil, retro git! Play'er in good health!

Love that! Retro looking yet brand spankin' new and hand built.

The postman came this morning and dropped this little demon onto my doorstep. It is one fun little guitar, the single 'BarBar' P90 absolutely honks. It's very obviously a handmade instrument in person, it has some charmingly crude elements to it, very characterful.

Here's a quick little video hacking through some Chuck Berry...

Nicely done, Nick! Well played on a great sounding instrument. Don't sell yourself short (we all seem to do that). You played that Chuck Berry ditty very well, and those single coils sound amazing. Congratulations on receiving your new guitar, warts and all

Cheers Wade! I’ve hardly put it down all day.

More foolin' around on this little cricket bat.

The guitar sounds great in both applications! Nice playing, too, btw.

What amp are you using?

Thanks Andy! Plugged into my Tweed Deluxe for both videos.

The guitar really is a handful, the neck on it is absolutely massive. I think I might need to change the strings on it to make it a bit more manageable, it has 12s on it at the moment but they feel like a very heavy set of 12s, not like the D'Addarios I would generally use. Think they might be EB Not Even Slinky.

I'll try a set of D'Addarios once I've worn this set out I guess.

The guitar sounds great, Nick, and once again, very well played. You've got a nice clean tone, with nowhere to hide, and you do it very well. It definitely helps you make better music if you love the instrument, and by the sound of it, you do!

Thanks Andy! Plugged into my Tweed Deluxe for both videos.

The guitar really is a handful, the neck on it is absolutely massive. I think I might need to change the strings on it to make it a bit more manageable, it has 12s on it at the moment but they feel like a very heavy set of 12s, not like the D'Addarios I would generally use. Think they might be EB Not Even Slinky.

I'll try a set of D'Addarios once I've worn this set out I guess.

– Tsar Nicholas

What scale is it?

What scale is it?

It's 25", Andy.

The guitar sounds great, Nick, and once again, very well played. You've got a nice clean tone, with nowhere to hide, and you do it very well. It definitely helps you make better music if you love the instrument, and by the sound of it, you do!

Thanks again for the kind words, Wade. You're too kind!

I always find 25" scale stiff. Maybe lighten the strings up to 11's? If you dont want to lose the girth in your tone, try flats or pure nickel.

I always find 25" scale stiff. Maybe lighten the strings up to 11's? If you dont want to lose the girth in your tone, try flats or pure nickel.

– AndyJ

Yeah it’s funny, I would often have 11s on a Tele and 12s on a Strat with no complaints.

I decided to just change the strings out for my usual set and it’s made a big difference.

What’s on it now is 12/16/20/32/42/54 vs what I think was 12/16/24/32/44/56. The 20 vs 24 is what is really making the difference for me.

Sweet Piece! Dig your chops, Sir Tsar! Sh*ts gettin' real across the pond! Sic 'em, Boy!!!!!

Yeah it’s funny, I would often have 11s on a Tele and 12s on a Strat with no complaints.

I decided to just change the strings out for my usual set and it’s made a big difference.

What’s on it now is 12/16/20/32/42/54 vs what I think was 12/16/24/32/44/56. The 20 vs 24 is what is really making the difference for me.

– Tsar Nicholas

24 to 20 is a big difference . . .esp for bends!

Very cool! That's a sweet little bit of handmade wood. You handle it very well and it sounds killer. Rock on!

Congrats! Very cool guitars! Love Karel's designs. Thanks, Nicholas, for the head's up on these awesome looking & sounding guitars!

I'm digging the Joker, Thin King, Servant Sinner, and Supreme Tux!

Sweet Piece! Dig your chops, Sir Tsar! Sh*ts gettin' real across the pond! Sic 'em, Boy!!!!!

Thanks Jim! I'm tryin'!

24 to 20 is a big difference . . .esp for bends!

Yup, it's really opened up the guitar, this set are spot on.

Very cool! That's a sweet little bit of handmade wood. You handle it very well and it sounds killer. Rock on!

Cheers Dave!

Congrats! Very cool guitars! Love Karel's designs. Thanks, Nicholas, for the head's up on these awesome looking & sounding guitars!

You should go for one, Surfy! He's a lovely guy, really easy to deal with.

Register Sign in to join the conversation