Other Guitars

Oddball guitar incoming.. Guttlin Baronet!

I've been an admirer of what Karel at Guttlin has been doing for a few years, so contacted him a while back to price up one of his Stratotone-esque Baronet guitars. To my great surprise he charges very little for what is a damn near completely handmade guitar. The only parts he doesn't make are the tuners and I guess some of the electronic bits and pieces. Basically what I'm saying is I couldn't afford not to buy one.

I ordered it in copper with one of his 'BarBar' pickups, a P-90 kinda deal.

It's in the post to me at the moment so I'm gonna post a few photos he shared with me of the build process.

Velly intellesting. Watching with interest!

Looks like a fun build. Will be waiting for sound clips!

Nice! Love the color and vibe of it.

What a beautiful Baronet, thank you for sharing the build photos with us. Karel obviously has supurb craftsmanship, even so far as winding the pickups! It's a very interesting guitar, and I can't wait to see it in your possession!

sweet!!...an alternative universe Harmony H44 Stratotone. Love it

Karel is a nice guy. I've told him a couple of times he sells his guitars too cheap, he's way too modest.

Congratulations! Very cool guitar! Ha ha, the way you present it, it looks like he built this guitar in a day....

VERY cool! I could get into playing that guitar! Congrats!!

well, that certainly is something. and a baritone to boot? sweet!

Fantastic. Love the roller knobs. Color-matched headstock always a plus, in my book. Enjoy!

Oh, and anyone that like this guit's vibe might also want to check out Weir Guitars (with which, to be clear, I have absolutely no affiliation).

Congratulations! Very cool guitar! Ha ha, the way you present it, it looks like he built this guitar in a day....

– Danman

Close enough, Dan. He built it in less than two weeks! I got constant photo updates of the process which was a nice touch.

well, that certainly is something. and a baritone to boot? sweet!

It's something indeed, but it's not a baritone. It's a Baronet. Like Baron, baronet, baroness..

That's very cool. I hope you really enjoy your new guitar.

Register Sign in to join the conversation