Other Guitars

NOSGGD (New Old Stock Guild Guitar Day)

I picked this up today; an NOS Guild A-150B from 2014 for a fantastic price. I had been looking for a blonde one for some time, and they seem to be a bit of a rarity here in Ontario, Canada. A little dusty from being in the store for the last 4 years.
I now get the hype about these Newark Street Guilds. Amazing fit and finish, and after a good cleanup, restringing and setup, this thing plays and sounds amazing! By far, one of the highest quality, Korean-made guitars I have ever owned.

Congrats! Those are nice guitars, and a bargain price makes them that much nicer.

Congrats! Where are you? I'm in St. Thomas, Ontario--I bought my X-175B new from LA Music in 2014. Then I foolishly traded it (toward a 6120, naturally). I missed it so much I bought another one last summer (a Kijiji find).

Great guitars! Really great for the $$!

From the picture it looks as though you have a Vox Valvatronix amp. I have one, too, and they are just fantastic!

Congrats! Where are you? I'm in St. Thomas, Ontario--I bought my X-175B new from LA Music in 2014. Then I foolishly traded it (toward a 6120, naturally). I missed it so much I bought another one last summer (a Kijiji find).

Great guitars! Really great for the $$!

– reverb11

I am in Burlington, and did buy it at LA Music yesterday. Though dusty, it still had the plastic on the pickguard, TRC and the foam under the bridge.

Congrats. A great choice. I have an X175B.....very loud and toneful unamplified for an all laminate guitar with pu's and electronics in the top. The A-150B with a solid top and all floating electronics must sound absolutely amazing. These Guilds have the most amazing feeling necks. Medium U profile with a 9.5" fretboard radius and really nicely crowned med jumbo frets just feels .....perfect. You are going to have a hard time putting it down.

Congrats. A great choice. I have an X175B.....very loud and toneful unamplified for an all laminate guitar with pu's and electronics in the top. The A-150B with a solid top and all floating electronics must sound absolutely amazing. These Guilds have the most amazing feeling necks. Medium U profile with a 9.5" fretboard radius and really nicely crowned med jumbo frets just feels .....perfect. You are going to have a hard time putting it down.

– Gretschadelphia

Gretschadelphia, you are exactly right. I traded a Gretsch G9555 New Yorker towards this. While the New Yorker was fine, and did have a solid pressed spruce top, as does the Guild, the Guild wins hands down in terms of overall quality. The New Yorker had smallish frets which I didn't care for and they weren't as nicely dressed as the Guild. I also really enjoy having the cutaway on the Guild. What really makes the Guild so much better sound-wise, especially unamplified, is the X-bracing and the bigger 17" body size, as opposed to the New Yorker's parallel tone bars and 16" body. I do love the sound of the DeArmond floating pickup on each. All in all, a very playable, great sounding guitar, amplified or not.

Congrats. Got my eye on a T-50 Slim.

that's a looker. Any information on what type of dearmond pickup that is?

that's a looker. Any information on what type of dearmond pickup that is?

– variantboy

It's a repro of the old DeArmond Rhythm Chief 1000. You can buy them on eBay and the like or directly from Guild:

https://shop.guildguitars.c...

Register Sign in to join the conversation