Other Guitars

NMSD!

That's New Mini Sitar Day...for my son.

My youngest boy came home with this.

It's a Danelectro Mini Sitar.

We have a small mom & pop music store that gets some really interesting Danelectro items in, and this one really grabbed him. All for about $350.00

Both of my youngest boys are playing together, making some really cool sounds. They've been doing so since the were quite young, but it's really cool to hear what's coming up from the basement when their band gets into something they know is a keeper.

That's cool, John!

We have a small mom & pop music store that gets some really interesting Danelectro items in...

--sez Crow

Don't hold out on us. I expect weekly updates. Any old Dano stuff?

Edit: Cool sitar btw!

I never saw one before. Cool

We have a small mom & pop music store that gets some really interesting Danelectro items in...

--sez Crow

Don't hold out on us. I expect weekly updates. Any old Dano stuff?

Edit: Cool sitar btw!

– Otter

It looks like they are a new Danelectro dealer, but they carry a nice assortment of oddball vintage guitars and some really cool old amps.

I once saw an old magnatone with a killer trem in there. Of course, I didn't have the bucks at the time.

Very nice! Does it sound like you expect it would?

– CBell

Very much so, Cam.

This, essentially is a simplified, one pickup with no sympathetic strings version of the Coral Sitar reissue that Danelectro makes, only with a slightly smaller scale(25 inch vs. 25 1/2).

You get that undeniable sitar-ish tone, that in my book, is a one trick pony that never justified me owning one, but I'm happy to have it in the house.

How cool. I've been noodling around with Paint It Black through my Amplitude plugin with good results. Maybe you guys should take a stab at it with the new acquisition.

Haven't even thought of Paint it Black. We were tooling around with some other sitar standards. Band of Gold, Behind the Sun, etc, but mostly original stuff that he had spinning around in his head.

Here's Laz toying around with the Mini Sitar plugged in to a envelope filter and a looper. He should have put it through that janglebox I lent him, too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation