Other Guitars

NJBD, Jazz Box day. I need a lie down.

I've been after a nice Jazz Box for a while now & one came up in Paris that ticked all the boxes; carved top, Alnico Staples, sunburst, original Lifton case from 1955. One of 19 made that year. Now it's MINE.

100% original apart from a rather poor re-fret, which I will sort.

It's a Gibson L-5 if you hadn't already worked that out.

Not cheap but what the hell?

No cracks around the jack socket.

Gotta love Staples, never had a guitar with them before.

There was actually more Naturals produced in '55 & '56.

That is one beautiful guitar and the staples are icing on the cake. Enjoy Thanks John

Naturals are cool but for me a Jazzbox has to be Sunburst, in a smoky club.

Just stunning, to hazard an understatement. Play it in excellent health!

This guitar has been around the Parisian Jazz scene for 40 odd years. Now it's in the Cricklewood Jazz bluffers scene.

Not the easiest deal I've ever done. It took about one month & 2 trips to Paris but got there in the end. The guitar had been in storage for a while & had scratchy pots & everything was a bit loose, easily sorted. I've booked in for a re-fret with Bill Puplett, the best I've come across & not too far away. Shuggie was the catalyst here. He did a piece for the Mag about the Paris guitar shops, although this one didn't feature, I checked the inventory of the shops & found this, appointment only.

HOOOOLY COWWWW!

Dream date Barbie right there.

Blimey that's a one hell of a guitar!

Wow...what a stunning example of a L5! It is wonderful that all of your diligent efforts have paid off. Play in good health!

Wow, done yourself proud with this one, Tony. An absolute beauty.

Paris, Cricklewood? Top jazz centres of the western world!

Register Sign in to join the conversation